Help › Forums

Re: Pending golfers at the bottom of my cc members list

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 27 2023 6:57 AM (49 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2016 6:00 PM

Edgey54321:
    A new player plays for a while then thinks I will join a club, so he/she hits the button that says he would like to join a club. WGT then search through clubs that say the are recruiting and place him on one of those clubs.

I agree Edgey that would be a terrible way for WGT to do it!

However, that's the first I've heard of that method and I don't think it is the way it's done.  According to the FAQs, to join a club a member must go to a CC home page and click Request Membership button.  There's nothing in the FAQs about being placed in a randomly selected CC.  But then again, it is the FAQs and there are infrequently asked questions that won't be covered.

• Edgey54321
    547 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2016 10:51 PM

When I first started I did not look for a club I just clicked on a button which is not there now as I am a member of a club which said join a country club. Then one came up that was looking for members, I did not ask as I was accepted immeadiately. Under owners tools you can accept without clearance so to speak

Alan

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2016 6:54 AM

pdb1:
    I started at the top of the list . 49 were active 5 were not and 5 had joined other CC's . Out of 59 . There was a mixture of Tour Masters and Legends . Those 49 can be found on my pending list .

If I understand this correctly, you're saying you went through the CC "X" pending invite list from the top and sent a VOTSCC invite to 49 of them, you did not invite 5 who were not active, and you did not invite 5 who were in a CC.  Therefore you went through 59 entries on the CC "X" pending invite list.  Correct?

Why is the last person on your VOTSCC invite pending list (grampsd) the 80th person on the CC "X" invite pending list?  From what you said, he should be the 59th.

• Edgey54321
    547 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2016 7:05 AM

I have a problem with sending invites to non active players especially those that have not played for 3 years or more. Lets assume that a couple of them are now dead,an invitation on their email account could cause extreme pain to their loved ones left behind.We have no way of knowing why players are not playing, why cant we just look at the ones who are and leave the rest alone.

Alan

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2016 10:46 AM

Edgey54321:
    I have a problem with sending invites to non active players especially those that have not played for 3 years or more.

Perhaps you misunderstood?  pdb's NOT sending CC invites to non-active players!  He's inviting only active players not in a CC found either on an invite pending lists or found in an inactive CC (where the owner is inactive)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2016 8:02 PM

Way, way, TMI.

pdb1:

I was trying to keep count I think that there were several more that had joined CC's .....There were far fewer inactive then there were that had joined CC's . really was not my objective to keep an exact count on anything other than my CC invites ....blah, blah, blah ...So far 2 have joined . 1 left within a day . The other seems fine . 

blah...blah...blah...If you want to nit pick me about a number that is less than 10 . Then please find something else to do . 

It's not nit picking if your info is off 200 to 300%.  I snapshotted both lists after reading your post and that gave me the question about grampsd.  I then quickly, but accurately, went thru CC "X's invite pending list.  Here's my tally from the top thru grampsd.

18 inactive (pdb posted 5)
    12 In clubs (pdb posted 5)
    1 new VOTSCC recruit
    1 active but pdb didn't invite
    48 invites
    79 Total 

Your newest recruit wasn't on the list and appears never was in a CC before.  Funny the one active player you didn't invite is named BSless.

It's a strange 1811 pending invite sequence.  Like he selects countrys to scan.  So if you continue to mine his list there's a streak of 19 out of 20 inactive North Koreans, South Koreans, and Japanese players.

Good luck with all that.

RSS