Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Does anyone know ho many players on WGT?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 9 2009 6:37 PM (8 replies)
  • Sarg14
    36 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 4:47 PM

I'm sure this question has been asked before but how many players are signed up as users on WGT?  I'm sure Snaike has the answer.  Thanks!

Sarg

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 6:05 PM

Actually, he does not...

The only people that do know are in the WGT offices...  As this number relates to revenue via ads and whatnot, I am guessing that WGT is not going to be forthcoming with the information any time soon.

Remember, there is TOTAL ACCOUNTS and ACTIVE ACCOUNTS... If I were a betting man, I would bet the Sales staff at WGT talks TOTAL ACCOUNTS to the Advertisers, even though I have a feeling the actual ACTIVE ACCOUNTS would be a much much smaller number, perhaps less than 20%.

Also, don't forget DELETED/DISABLED ACCOUNTS.. they are still on the books.  The only thing is that the person who was originally responsible for them can no longer utilize them.

Oh yea, we can't forget the MULTIPLES, too... 

So, total unique account holders currently active and playing... my guess is 8-10% of TOTAL ACCOUNTS, if even that high.

• Sarg14
    36 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 6:32 PM

That low eh?  Just wanted to know how proud I should be when I finish with a TIN standing in a tourney.  Shot a 34, I think, at Kiawah and ended up in 444th.  Just wondering.  Maybe I should shoot a 120 just to see what place I would finish in.  Thanks again Snaike love your quirky posts.  Love to play a round with you sometime.

Sarg

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 10:07 PM

Ya man. There are a lot of accounts that are not used, not once. I would say there are more accounts not used, then active accounts.

• JTxpress
    411 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 10:49 PM

444th and a tin cup is nothing to write home about, but i wouldn't throw it out either. I rember playing a tourney not to long ago, and after finishing, checked standings and i was somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,300. yes 2,300. that is not a misprint. so keep up the practice and keep climbing up the leaderboard. :-)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2009 10:43 AM

Sarg14:
      Love to play a round with you sometime.

Sarg

Anytime... if you can find me when I'm on and playing (as opposed to being on and wandering the forums, trying to make sense of this thing called 'golf'.)

I'll keep an eye out.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2009 1:06 PM

"We do not give out that information"  has been the response from WGT on this question in the past.

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2009 1:14 PM

The only numbers given by wgt, that I've seen, were after the qualifiers for the Virtual US Open. They said over 187,000 tried to qualify. Still doesn't answer your question, but gives you an idea what kind of numbers we're dealing with here.

• golfandpoker72
    3 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2009 6:37 PM

I don't have the answer either, but I have an idea about how many visitors the website gets.

I was curious about that myself, regarding some other websites, so I checked out the stats for WGT.com too.

Using www.statbrain.com I was able to see the daily visits to wgt.com, as well as any other site.

They gave an estimate of 15,641 visits per day, at WGT.com. Of course, as stated before, this would include all forum visits, as well as profile visits and other general site browsing.

Some sites get ridiculously huge numbers, but I imagine that the people at WGT might be happy with these visits per day stats.

This was my first experience with Statbrain, and I have nothing to compare it to, so who knows .....

RSS