Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What is Division Progress on Mobile?

Thu, Jul 14 2016 11:47 AM (8 replies)
  • stevieob
    14 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2016 3:51 AM

Just downloaded WGT on my Android phone last week.

Getting these coins now, they seem to be like credits?  But no idea what I can do with them except rent some clubs.

The other thing that has popped up is "My Division Progress".  I am now apparently Bronze 3 as I came 58th last week  I have no idea what I did to become 58th, or what the Division does. 

I think they might be somewhat related, the coins and division as you can click it and it gives you a results table.  However the table does not scroll so you only get to see the first 7 names.

So is the coins and division related and how do they work?  Because from what I see, there is little point to them.

• WGTShamWow
    907 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2016 10:30 AM

stevieob:

Just downloaded WGT on my Android phone last week.

Getting these coins now, they seem to be like credits?  But no idea what I can do with them except rent some clubs.

The other thing that has popped up is "My Division Progress".  I am now apparently Bronze 3 as I came 58th last week  I have no idea what I did to become 58th, or what the Division does. 

I think they might be somewhat related, the coins and division as you can click it and it gives you a results table.  However the table does not scroll so you only get to see the first 7 names.

So is the coins and division related and how do they work?  Because from what I see, there is little point to them.

Hi stevieob,

Coins are a new feature that was added to Android devices, hopefully will be available on all devices soon. Its a free currency that was added to help players without the means to purchase equipment to have access to better equipment by playing the game. With coins came the Leaderboard. Players are placed into Divisions and every week, and based on coins earned through playing games will either move up in division, stay the same, or move down. When you enter a room, you are matched with a player in the same division, basically around the same skill level, to play against. The Room Entry Fee was added to discourage players from starting a round and then quitting after a bad hole or shot. 

Right now Coins can be used for Room Entry Fees as well as renting gear in the Pro Shop under Coin Gear but we plan to have more uses for them in the future. 

Hope this info has helped!

All the Best,
    WGTShamWow 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2016 2:12 PM

Wow - a broad range of appliances - probably preparing the post-flash game!

• stevieob
    14 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2016 4:24 AM

Thanks ShamWow

they seem a bit pointless though.  now coins and credits!!!  would be much simpler to stick with one form

if you were worried about players without access to better equipment, you could just give everyone a few free credits :)

• orangehole
    24 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 10:11 AM

I am currently in the platinum 2 division and it seems by looking through 5 or so random people in my division that we all started playing WGT at the same time, December 2015 for my example.  So they are matching you up by that, which I think makes sense because everyone has had the same amount of time to get to the same point.  I personally like the coins now and am just hoarding them hoping that they will release better coin gear items in the near future or better yet allowing to buy some balls with them.

Although the mk2 and mk3 wedges are great, I rent the entire set weekly and only use the wedges.  The stats they are given do not look very good but they gave done me very very well!

Cheers,

Orange

• stevieob
    14 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2016 8:08 AM

got sick of being pitched against Legends on level 90 and upwards with average scores of low 60's and me just turned a tour pro doing well to shoot mid 70's

you are supposed to be pitched against someone you have a chance against.

I have now on purpose got relegated the last 2 weeks and plan to drop further.  then I might be pitched against a few hacks to give me a better chance

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2016 4:48 PM

Are they though? 

• DonaldLozano
    2 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2016 8:21 PM

Interesting post!

• Pjamz
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 11:47 AM

Can I find the aforementioned mobile coin tournament on my PC?  So far, no luck.  Great game, though! 

RSS