Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Help required, cannot log into Wgt, unable to play !

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 29 2009 12:30 PM (7 replies)
  • GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 1:52 AM
    I am having trouble playing on my laptop,on the home page it is like half of the page is missing !
    The box where you normally log in is not showing,all that appears is the earnings leaders & community spotlight, have never had this before,its ok on my desktop pc but the game plays better on my laptop.
    Can you help please as i cannot play on my desktop,the spec of my laptop is better.
    The only thing i have recently done is delete a programme called Kontiki,but i dont think that has anything to do with Wtg
    I have emailed Wgt but i thought someone on here may also be able to help
    Thanks
    Gladstone
  • seveking
    983 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 2:30 AM

Something similar happenned to me once. Clear you cache, that should get rid of the problem.

You have to go to TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS and DELETE FILES, COOKIES...

Hope it works.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 3:40 AM

As part of trouble-shooting, it's always a good idea to try to visit WGT in various browsers. That way you can see if your issue is related to only one of your browsers or all of them. If all of your browsers are affected, it might indeed help to clear your Flash cache. To do that, simply visit this page and click on Delete all sites. (WGT is usually stored there under media5.wgt.com.)

This site does not perform equally well in all browsers. For example, the menu items (in the big picture) Clubs / Balls / Brands on the ProShop homepage have never worked for me in Opera (they and the submenu items get displayed, but aren't clickable); they do work in Chrome. So I just use Chrome instead of Opera when I need to browse through the ProShop quickly.

See here for more discussion of various browsers.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 5:15 AM

Incidently, how did you post this if you can't log in?

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 5:21 AM

He logged in on his desktop in order  to fix the problem on his laptop. He is predicting that the game will play better on his laptop due to the difference in specifications.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 9:54 AM

Hi Gladstone, do you have Flash 10 installed? Also, do you happen to have CA Security Center on your laptop?

• DerekCorkran
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 10:03 AM

This happened to me.  EXACTLY THE SAME WAY.  I fixed it though.  For some reason my Flash Player was deleted from my computer some how.  Install the new Flash Player and I can almost guarantee that it will fix your problem.

Derek...

• GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 12:30 PM

Thanks everyone for your help, it was indeed a  Flash 10 related problem, i must somehow have deleted Flash 10 from the task manager while ending other progs to improve performance..

I downloaded it again and everything is fine,for anyone thats interested i got a prog called gamebooster , it shuts down progs & processes that  you do not need running while your playing ,i have noticed a little improvement since i got it, once again thanks very much for your help

Gladstone 

RSS