Forums

Help › Forums

Re: when will the tourneys be open to all nationalities...?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 27 2009 9:56 PM (6 replies)
  • mubai
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2009 1:09 AM

I cant enter weekly tourneys or monthly strokeplay tourneys because my country makes me ineligeble. I can play the same closest to the pin tourney again and again and again. Seriously, it blows.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2009 3:36 AM

They are revising the laws of each country to see if they can give out prizes in each particular country or not. 

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2009 10:27 AM

Hi mubai, we are working to open up some tournaments to all countries. We are aiming to do this towards the last quarter of the year. In the meantime you can play the monthly international tournaments for bragging rights. Thanks for your patience.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2009 3:26 PM

What Alex is politely saying is that it's not WGT's fault you can't play... it's your government's.

Laws governing winning money onthe 'net are pretty sticky.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2009 4:23 PM

Alternative solutions to this are very well possible. See this thread. I sent that suggestion (let us play if we're willing to forfeit all prizes) to members@worldgolftour.com as recommended by Tibbets, and they replied it might be a good idea that they will consider. It's deeply unsatisfactory to have a single single-play stroke play tournament per month to compete in. Someone has also recently suggested daily stroke play tournaments, perhaps for bragging rights only – why not?

• mubai
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2009 9:55 PM

Agree 100 percent Faterson. 1 tourney/month is not enough. I dont care about prizes anyway.  Maybe u could also set up some poker style rooms, like sit and go's', where 10-20 people play a mini tourney and it is settled immediately upon completion of play? U could both have sit and go's with and without money/credits.  

• mubai
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2009 9:56 PM

oh, thanks for the reply WGTalex....

RSS