Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Can I Use PayPal?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 26 2009 3:55 AM (5 replies)
  • MalamaMakena
    42 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 1:28 AM

Can I use PayPal to buy credits?  I see only credit cards listed as an option.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 1:32 AM

Yes you can but i think paypal charge for the transfer,3% i think, you will have to look

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 1:47 AM

Can't confirm any extra Paypal charges, at least not yet and not for my country of residence. I've purchased WGT equipment both directly via a debit card & via Paypal (funded through a credit card), and my Paypal transactions history still shows the $ amounts as originally paid, with the status of those transactions indicated as Completed. One such payment was made on 13 July, for example – that's 13 days ago; a long enough time for any extra charges to show up in the Paypal account overview.

It's possible, though, that an extra charge will be levied by the credit card company for withdrawing the payment from them to go to Paypal and then to WGT.  I partly made the Paypal transaction to test whether there'll be any extra charges; but I'll only know for sure when I receive this month's bank statement from the credit card company in early August. (Paypal was only introduced earlier this month by WGT.) For the direct debit card withdrawal, no charge seems to have been levied; the amount was simply converted from $ to € using the official conversion rate for that day.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 3:19 AM

This is for the uk currency......

When do I pay fees?If you use a debit or credit card to fund your payment to friends and family, fees will apply. Fees also apply if the money you send is to pay for goods or services.

The fees to receive payments when you sell goods and services will vary depending on your monthly sales volume (see chart below).

Your account is enabled for Standard Rate. Based on your sales volume, you are currently being charged 3.4%.

Purchase payments received (monthly) Fee per transaction
    £0.00 GBP - £1,500.00 GBP 3.4% + £0.20 GBP
    £1,500.01 GBP - £6,000.00 GBP 2.9% + £0.20 GBP
    £6,000.01 GBP - £15,000.00 GBP 2.4% + £0.20 GBP
    £15,000.01 GBP - £55,000.00 GBP 1.9% + £0.20 GBP
    above £55,000.00 GBP* 1.4% + £0.20 G
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 3:43 AM

Please note that only your second paragraph is relevant for WGT ProShop purchases. All the rest, the numbers, etc., is irrelevant, because those things talk about you receiving money, not about your sending money to WGT.

So, what you posted simply confirms that there are PayPal fees in Great Britain for sending money via credit card-funded PayPal, but it doesn't specify what the fees are. I would approach PayPal's customer support to inquire about this; they're usually prompt to get back to you.

Also, it's important to remember different fees apply to different countries / currencies in which PayPal operates, and that there are various types of PayPal accounts. Some of the account types need to pay certain fees, and others don't.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 3:55 AM

Good job some one knows what there on about...Thanx

all the small print with banks can get confusing at times

RSS