Forums

Help › Forums

Re: courses for group play???

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 7 2009 1:09 AM (7 replies)
  • HailHail
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2009 4:48 PM

i really enjoy playin in groups but it gets very boring playing the same 9 holes, is thee amy plans to change it i wonder, or have i missed something

• Nigey1
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2009 5:43 AM

I 2nd that. We have plenty of players at work but would love more access to different courses, 18 holes would be nice too!!!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2009 3:04 PM

There are always plans to change the course... it's in the works, so to speak.

But for now there is only ONE (1) multiplayer course available at one time.  Currently it is Bethpage Black front 9.

And, continuing, there are only TWO (2) courses that will allow stroke play, 18 holes, single player.. Kiawah and Bethpage Black.

There are FOUR (4) "Closest to the Pin" courses available.  THREE (3) of them can be accessed from the "Play Now" button...  Bali Hai, Wolf Creek, and Edgewood Tahoe.  The 4th, St. Andrews, can only be reached from the Tournament section.

Some of you may recognize the redundant post... please forgive, but it's easier to paste.  lol

• 4stgmp
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 12:44 PM

I know the wrong thread......but when will Wolf/Bali/Lake Tahoe be open for 18 hole stroke play???

Love the game but it's getting awfully boring playing the same two tracks again and again.

Thanks

4ST OUT!!!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 1:48 PM

4stgmp:
    when will Wolf/Bali/Lake Tahoe be open for 18 hole stroke play???

Possibly never. From various hints I gather that St. Andrews will be the next course to open for stroke play, but I wouldn't know if that will happen in 2009 or in 2010 when the British Open take place there.

• TheShakeNBake
    7 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 7:18 AM

I agree, the front 9 at bethpage black is getting very old. What is the timing plan going forward with switching to a different course? I think only being able to play 1 multi-player course for several months in a row will lead to people getting bored with the game pretty quickly.

• gewalsh1
    1 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2009 9:13 PM

Could we hear the plan on this?  Will there be 18 holes for group play ever?  This year? And will there be multiple courses available or just one rotating? 

Is there an architectural limitation preventing more courses for group play?

Thanks

• steelerspens
    33 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 1:09 AM

i dont know, but i have been hearing that St. Andrews will be the next course for stroke play? i have no clue if i am right but i would love to see all of these courses we have now including St. Andrews available for stroke play and multiplayer. also, i know this is off topic, but is there any possibility of changing pin positions?

If anyone has any info on the courses or pins let me know please.

----Bunker & Boggy         

RSS