Forums

Help › Forums

Re: default club the right one?

Tue, Feb 1 2011 7:57 AM (7 replies)
  • buriedweasel
    9 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2011 1:52 PM

What % of time is the default club selection the right club? Sometimes its right and other times way long or way short

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2011 5:04 PM

2 pieces of advice:

1)  There's more than one way to skin a cat.
    2)  It is up to the player to make sure he has the correct club.

The WGT caddies aren't the best in the world and often give you the wrong club.  Once you have factored in wind, spin, the ball you're using, green speed, green elevation, etc, etc, etc, you will find that the caddie hasn't a clue what he is doing and you haven't a clue why you are paying him.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2011 6:03 PM

He/Him???  My WGT caddies have always been female.  But they've done no better.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 7:44 AM

buriedweasel:
    Sometimes its right and other times way long or way short

Near as I can tell the club you get handed is basically the lowest one over the yardage you're faced with. It's just a math function, don't trust it. I could be 116 yards out and instead of getting the set wedge (115) I get the 9i (130). 

• buriedweasel
    9 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 9:00 AM

Thanks. Seems like its the right club much of the time in the closest to hole games, which are pretty good repetitive lessons (and don't require putting :)

• josh5356
    7 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 11:13 PM

This is all true. To me it seems like they give me the club the yardage falls into. But like above you still have to figure in all factors. The only club the hand you thats right is putter and then you still have to check the distance meter thats ussually up one or down one or maxed if on fringe lol.

• BadDobie
    48 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 11:57 AM

After factoring in Wind direction, yardage, elevation of target, I use the default club maybe 25% of the time....but I agree that it seems more accurate with closest to the pin contests...

• rowlandsfc
    181 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2011 7:57 AM

from what i can tell u are given the club that is at least 5yrds more than distance so if im 120 away instead of my wedge which is 122 i get the next one up 135, if i was 117 yrds away they would give me 122yrd wedge

RSS