Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Wedge Upgrades

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 29 2009 12:50 PM (3 replies)
  • Trippster413
    128 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2009 2:41 PM

I was looking at the Ping wedges and I am super interested in the spin aspect. Does it actually draw the ball back or does it just kill it? Also, the forgiveness drops a ton. Is it like barely miss it and you're in another time zone or is it negligible?

Any insight would be great.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Jul 25 2009 2:45 AM

Trippster413:
    I was looking at the Ping wedges and I am super interested in the spin aspect. Does it actually draw the ball back or does it just kill it?

I have different advanced wedges with similar parameters to those you mention, and based on that I'd say it just kills it.  

Trippster413:
    Also, the forgiveness drops a ton. Is it like barely miss it and you're in another time zone or is it negligible?

I don't think it's ever negligible in these types of advanced clubs. In fact, I keep a Tour Starter wedge in my bag in addition to an advanced wedge, because the latter is so unforgiving. So, when there's a crucial shot I need to make, I prefer using the forgiving Tour Starter wedge, although it lacks precision & spin compared to the advanced wedge.

• Trippster413
    128 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2009 11:47 AM

cool thats what i wanted to know

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 12:50 PM

In my opinion the Z Satin Wedges and Pro Z's are great wegdes. No they will not cause the ball to spin back, that won't come until we get some balls with the spin attribute. What they do is stop almost on a dime. Also there is the added bonus of the way they perform in the rough and sand.

RSS