Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Help with putting

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 25 2011 6:56 AM (3 replies)
  • Munkki
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2011 1:40 AM

I'm having real trouble dropping those important birdies since i went up to the Masters Tier.  I can't quite seem to get it right with most long distance putts - i.e. anything over about 12 ft - ending up betwenn 5 and 3 inches from the cup.  Often the metering doesn't seem quite right  - even when i over hit on very fast green it sometimes slows up more than it appears it should and consequently I miss!  Help!  any tips on making sure that these drop would be most gratefully received!  best to all WGT players

Munkki

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2011 3:21 AM

Hello

Maybe just relax, you might be putting too much pressure on yourself every time you have a +12ft putt. If your putts are ending 3-5 inches away from the cup you don't have to worry, it's just unlucky. Apart from hitting the ball just a little bit harder or softer, I don't think you should change anything... one day all those putts will start to drop. Maybe have a few practise games on 'Tounament Greens' and see how you go. These are a bit faster than the 'Very Fast Greens' . The Green Speeds are .... Slow, Standard, Fast, Very Fast, Tournament and Championship.

Have you read the 'Putting Distance Control'  post in this section, that helped me alot.

Cheers

Roger

• Munkki
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2011 6:48 AM

Thanks! You're right - i do stress out a bit - this game is so immersive!  I have tried to take your advice here and get on to the tournament greens but i can only seem to access them in practice mode up to 'very fast' - the other two options don't appear....

best

Munkki

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2011 6:56 AM
RSS