Forums

Help › Forums

Re: In & Out of Cup

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 31 2015 10:16 PM (5 replies)
  • malini4life
    284 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 3:35 PM

Check out this replay, you can clearly hear the ball in the cup but bounces out, has this happened to anyone else.....wow

Malini

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=bed29859-5606-4c46-bfb4-a54201734bdc

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 4:20 PM

Unfortunately it seems it bounces between the cup and flagstick popping it out. The flagstick, unless removed, is a solid item and the ball will hit it. 

_CHAMPION

• Zayante
    45 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 5:28 PM

I had the same thing happen recently, eagle for a second

replay.aspx?ID=5901dd58 1b73 47bf a965 a538003948ab

• malini4life
    284 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 6:54 PM

Thanks for the reply Champion, but you can hear it roll in the cup, how does it suddenly just jump out of the cup.....mmmmm.......lol

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 8:39 PM

Yes - this happens quite often - as Champ says, usually when the flag is left in.

The bounce you get off the flagstick is unrealistic. You can hit the flagstick on the full and see the ball bounce off and roll 40 yds. This added speed off the flagstick seems to be enough to "bounce" the ball off the bottom of the hole and out. It also seems that the sides of the hole are not "solid objects" as the ball bounces out, otherwise it would only be able to get out straight up. I guess not a lot of programming has gone into how realistic the bounce out of the hole is!   (hardly surprising    lol).

Bottom line    (bottom of the hole line)    is that removing the flag prior to making your shot makes a lot of these problems go away.

Note: Removing the flag AFTER playing the shot does not work. Anything you do after playing the shot is only for your visual convenience (like putting the flag back again so you can see where the hole is - the game still considers the flag is OUT).

• axstrat
    415 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 10:16 PM

think on Congressional one time I hit the stick and the ball bounced right into the pond>  Front 9 if I remember right.

Ive also had the ball jump out of the cup a couple times putting , but I think I may have been spot on but with a little too much snort behind it

RSS