Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What set should I buy?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 22 2009 5:46 AM (4 replies)
  • PapaKing
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 9:09 AM

Hi, i want to buy a full set clubs but i dont know which is better.. talormate? ping g10?..rapture? and why? tnx

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 9:15 AM

There is a real nice comparison chart Here

• PapaKing
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 9:21 AM

yes i saw it but i dont know what is better for all.. need suggestions xD.. whats the better set for u? why

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 9:41 AM

I think there are plenty of available opinions regarding swing-bar speed, forgiveness, distance, accuracy, etc. on these forums.

In my case, I went from starters, to tour starters, to TM.  TM were too fast till I went to new balls.  Then with G-ID balls, the swing was too slow, so went to B-XD.

Goldilocks system to find the set that's just right.

Trial and trial again

Cheers,

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2009 5:46 AM

The best full club set for someone who's only recently joined the site are the Raptures. Because of slow meter speed, forgiveness & distance. If buying the Rapture set (about $27) is too expensive, get the Tour Starter Set (about $8) + one of the advanced drivers. That might be about $17 combined. If that is still too much money, buy just the Tour Starter Set for about $8; definitely makes playing this game more fun.

(If you badly crave to score some birdies, also buy some of the best-quality balls for about $0.50 per 3-pack, but expect to see them spent in a couple of days, or in a couple of minutes if you happen to mishit your tee shot several times in a row as I did at Kiawah, hole 17.)  

RSS