Forums

Help › Forums

Re: San Andreas

Tue, Oct 27 2015 3:31 AM (48 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 4:08 PM

CanineSupervisor:
    Brush fires up here are commonplace during the fire season. Been here over 15 years - still in one piece...

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 5:27 PM

:) To keep your lawn  that green( in So. Cal) best be ready to pay anywhere from 100$ to 1000$ a month in excessive water usage penalties!  UGH! , i support a golden lawn for a golden state, no re-seeding this year..                                                                                  

CanineSupervisor:

ct690911:
    .I heard some actors complaining they couldn't get fire insurance for their homes in Malibu, due to the frequency of major fires in that area ?

New construction are the ones that are having difficulty getting it because they (actors) want these enormous homes hanging over the hillsides. Unless you clear the brush all the way down the hill for hundreds of feet in all directions (costly), you are probably gonna play hell getting it. 

When you do that, you run the risk of serious mud slides beneath your home. All the people in my neighborhood (a few whatevers live on my road, too) have homes on leveled ground on the hilltop with the brush cut back a good distance. Brush fires up here are commonplace during the fire season. Been here over 15 years - still in one piece...knock on burnt wood.

1enigma1:
    Malibu , mudslides & the PCH , not a good combo , talk about grid-lock!  ..

Lmao Enigma! Is that what we call it? It sucks leaving at 3 AM to be to work at 7...  lmao

I forgot to add 20 hour per/day traffic jams on the 405, 5, 10, the 134 above - need I go on?  lmao.

I'm getting flashbacks of my old commute! LOL , the 118 to the 405 to the 101 into downtown L.A  leaving @ 5:30 am to be @ work by 8  , i don't   know which scenario is worse :)  , but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!  ..                                                                                                                   

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 11:51 PM

SweetiePie:

ct690911:

oneputtdavid:

" let he who is without stones cast the first sin"....which I likewise learned from the .media.  ;-} LOL.....good one SP    Hopefully mind, yours and our countries children know when they've been duped by "our one" political system. You know the "Republicrats"  

wow...I have no idea what you are trying to say in this post...you did mention the GOP, so I will say that, here in Canada, we just elected a Liberal majority Government...the "Fiberals" are very closely aligned with your Democrat party...so, if Ms.Clinton wins the White house, it will probably be good for Canada....(assuming the respective leaders actually tell the truth to each other during convos)......lol

ct .

Nor do I....just lettin' it travel where it wants  And it is fun to wander. Wander to what I am typing next....Donald Trump will be the next POTUS. He needs to be or the USA will not be in celebration on 7-4-2026. The USA has a heritage, a reputation, a history, and a prosperous, safe, free way of life never known in the entire history of earth. But patriotism has morphed. The USA is a business. A business inches away from ruin...forever. Mr. Trump is the only, repeat, only chance we have. If you must ask why, please, I beg you, don't vote. You are not bright. ;-}

Please excuse my post, as confusion or continuous! Personally I am leaning towards any "Leader" who's not a career politician!  

Back on subject; I was living in Big Bear, an a Building Inspector, in the early 90's when the Landers quack 7.4 mag. hit (of course it was 4:30 am) then the after shock hit BB epicenter 1/2 mile from my home in upper Moonridge 6.8 mag. Personally saw telephone poles going back and forth like a piece of spaghetti.

Now I live about 35 miles west of Palm Springs, (which of course is only 1 mile) from the San Jucinto fault. Which by the way SP, is more dangerous to us 30-40 miles inland than San Andreas.

On the brighter side, if the BIG ONE is to hit before elections our current leader's will put the blame on Bush, Reagan, global warming or is it climate change.... hard to keep up with the UN, BS!     hehe

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2015 10:18 AM

Fox News: 

"California to pay for prisoners' sex-change surgeries...."

between the actual costs of the surgeries and the lawyers involved on both sides, it's nice to see scarce tax dollars being put to good use.....oi vey

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 3:10 AM

LMAO @ Fox News being cited as a source of facts!!

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 4:15 AM

PaulTon:

It was confirmed by "the National Enquirer"..:)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 5:02 AM

ct690911:

PaulTon:

It was confirmed by "the National Enquirer"....:)

Well if it's been confirmed by Andyson that's me convinced!

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 9:15 AM

PaulTon:

I suppose you would recommend MSNBC, the people who until ISIS put a Jordanian pilot in a cage and burned him alive, still thought the solution to terrorism was to sit down and talk to them, the news that when pushing any gay agenda has told us almost 20% of Americans are gay, when any survey, census, or any other agency says less than 3%, the network that gave Al Sharpton his own show, his career is based on lies....yeah, OK! lmfao

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2015 3:31 AM

fatdan:
    I suppose you would recommend MSNBC

Nope, never heard of it.

RSS