Forums

Help › Forums

Re: can replays be saved on mobile apps ?

Sat, May 4 2019 1:58 PM (39 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 1:33 AM

that is not a WGT replay,  That is a recorded stream from another site.  i have looked at every option on mobile and have seen no option to save a replay yet.

• TheGuyDownstairs
    158 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 4:38 AM

borntobesting:

that is not a WGT replay,  That is a recorded stream from another site.  i have looked at every option on monile and have seen no option to save a replay yet.

After a shot on the mobile (iphone) the replay can be accessed via the scorecard. After that you have options to save or forward the link to others via the Everplay service.

Hope that helps!

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 7:16 PM

TheGuyDownstairs:

borntobesting:

that is not a WGT replay,  That is a recorded stream from another site.  i have looked at every option on monile and have seen no option to save a replay yet.

After a shot on the mobile (iphone) the replay can be accessed via the scorecard. After that you have options to save or forward the link to others via the Everplay service.

Hope that helps!

I stand corrected. I had never tapped on the scorecard after a shot just the menu looking for watch replay like on the web. Thanks

(Edit) The replays on mobile was only added in the mobile update on the 18 or 19th. And when i made my original post I  had not yet played with the watch replay feature. It can get  little annoying in that on any good shot the watch replay button appears on screen automatically  almost like the old instant replay in multi-player games

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2015 2:03 AM

I played a couple of rounds on my  Android tablet Friday and replays are still unavailable on Android. Wonder why.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2015 2:03 AM

I played a couple of rounds on my  Android tablet Friday and replays are still unavailable on Android. Wonder why.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2016 12:52 AM

kirla:

I found that if I put my tablet in sleep mode after starting a game, then start up my game client  on my PC, I can play the mobile game on my PC. I haven't finished a mobile game on my PC yet. Don't know if I would be violating any WGT rules or not. 

This is very interesting.  The mobile App has the perfect meter. If you can play the App game on a PC then that will be a huge advantage.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2016 4:20 AM

mantis0014:

kirla:

I found that if I put my tablet in sleep mode after starting a game, then start up my game client  on my PC, I can play the mobile game on my PC. I haven't finished a mobile game on my PC yet. Don't know if I would be violating any WGT rules or not. 

This is very interesting.  The mobile App has the perfect meter. If you can play the App game on a PC then that will be a huge advantage.

Actually the meter on the app is not perfect. Better than most PC's maybe but not perfect. And you don't play the App game on the PC what the other poster was saying that you used to be able to start a round on the App save and finish it on the PC giving you a big advantage over mobile players due to screen size. I sent many e-mails to CS telling them that it was wrong and finally WGT did something. Now you can not start a round on 1 platform and finish it on another one.

I believe there are still those who play the mobile unlimited tourney on a PC by going to their profile and clicking on the tourney in their score history and playing it from there.I know it can be done I just refuse to do it.

Many of us are struggling to break par on the smaller screen mobile devices only to have players play the tourney on their PC and shoot well below 30 on every round. They still need to find a way that if you enter a mobile tourney it could only be played on a mobile device. Until  they do many  players will continue to play it on their PC shooting scores that just aren't possible on mobile with the tiny screens.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2016 6:18 AM

borntobesting:

mantis0014:

kirla:

Actually the meter on the app is not perfect. Better than most PC's maybe but not perfect. And you don't play the App game on the PC what the other poster was saying that you used to be able to start a round on the App save and finish it on the PC giving you a big advantage over mobile players due to screen size. I sent many e-mails to CS telling them that it was wrong and finally WGT did something. Now you can not start a round on 1 platform and finish it on another one.

I believe there are still those who play the mobile unlimited tourney on a PC by going to their profile and clicking on the tourney in their score history and playing it from there.I know it can be done I just refuse to do it.

Many of us are struggling to break par on the smaller screen mobile devices only to have players play the tourney on their PC and shoot well below 30 on every round. They still need to find a way that if you enter a mobile tourney it could only be played on a mobile device. Until  they do many  players will continue to play it on their PC shooting scores that just aren't possible on mobile with the tiny screens.

Very good feedback.  

I have the App and only use it when on holidays where I can't get a desktop.  On a small screen it's just about impossible to play. Bigger screens like Ipads or Tablets is not too bad. Getting to play on the PC would be great. 

You can't play Multi player games cross platform, so I can't see how Wgt can't make the comps mobile only.  They have to find a way to close the back door as for my thinking at least, it just another way to cheat

Edit...  I suppose this can also happen in CC comps

RSS