Forums

Help › Forums

Re: iPad Help and Tips

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 17 2015 5:54 AM (4 replies)
  • WonkyDriver777
    21 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2015 11:05 PM

Does anyone have any advice on putting tips for the iPad version of the game.

I have read through all the putting tip guides here in the forum that I could find and although they are very informative and helpful, many aren't applicable to users who play via iPad as on the iPad the grid lines move as you aim your putt.

I find the iPad version more suitable for my style of play and have managed to go from Hack to Tour Pro but now am stagnant at that level and although my stroke play still requires some work its my putting that I tend to two putt far too often.

Thanks in advance for any tips / links or suggestions

• Greg91255
    22 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2015 8:59 PM

I calculate the elevation and distance by the putting tips on the forum.  I judge the break by the direction and speed of the dots. The grid moving does not affect my decision.  Sorry I could not respond sooner, I had to get to my PC seeing iPad users STILL can not log in.

Bill

• WonkyDriver777
    21 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 1:31 AM

Thanks Greg,

So basically unlike the web version there aren't really any tutorials when it comes to dedicated iPad version and we just have to use the basic tips and tutorials and then trial and error to perfect your putting skills?

As to

Greg91255:

I had to get to my PC seeing iPad users STILL can not log in.

Bill

I have also created a suggestion topic where I have asked about seeing some of the features available on web version becoming available on iPad version, :-) maybe they will allow us to log in from iPad as well.

• Ezzy123450
    209 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2015 7:15 AM

Hi,

I got up to a legend on my ipad, but have now switched to the ps ... BIG learning curve, but necessary if you want to play against others and see how they shoot (learn)

on the ipad, i did the following:

1.  Always analyze the slope from the back of the pin view.

2. after making a good guess as to the shape of the sot & approximate aiming point.  I then switch to forward view and find the nearest back line intersection (to the nearest 1/2 square) .

3. sometimes I use the back view (looking from the pin) and go one, two or three squares right and up or down.

4. ALWAYS hit your grid intersections somewhere (even in step 2, at the 1/2 way point between 2 grid intersections you will be hitting an intersection somewhere along the path)

5. look for a Utube video that shows 5 techniques (forgot his name) on "wgt putting tutorial" ... helped my game a LOT.

Good luck :)

• WonkyDriver777
    21 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2015 5:54 AM

Thanks to both Greg and Ezzy for your tips and replies.

Guess it's just practice and more practice ad find what works for you.

Did think about it and am currently just trying to get the ball closer to the pin on approach shots, and for now that is helping to lower my score - closer to pin = easier putt :D

RSS