Forums

Help › Forums

Re: chipping

Sun, Jan 16 2011 1:53 PM (9 replies)
  • haddles
    13 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 1:49 AM

chipping problem my chip shot does not get over a few inches off the ground unless i hit it 30/40% harder than i should with results accordingly can someone assist please

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 6:59 AM

Required reading if you want to use chips, pitches and flops here. 

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 7:04 AM

Very, very sound advice from YJ. After you read it if you have questions then let the board know.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 11:04 AM

I concur with above 2 statements :)

-wgticon

• harely
    7 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 1:04 PM

I think it would be very helpful to have a format that would allow a player to practice putting, chipping, flopping , punching and driving without having to play a game. You cannot practice by playing a game. You must have the option of playing the same type of shot over and over again.  This would make sense and would produce far better golfers in this game. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 7:12 PM

It's already in place, harely. Set up practice rounds and hit into and out of trouble. You have 10 shots on par 4s and 9 on the 3s. GL

• haddles
    13 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2011 12:32 AM

hey jim thanks for your help will try this out & hopefully improve my short game.

good golfing

• puttersman
    240 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2011 5:50 AM

That is not exactly what he means or wants Yankee Jim . He wants to be able to choose a chipping option and simply shoot to a green as many times as he wishes from different locations, by reseting after each shot. You could do this also for driving etc. and I concur. Just as Links had allowed players to do. I don't think the format you are describing is the same. I think it is a good idea to look at what works in other sims and incorporate them in WGT. This game is already graphically the best I have ever seen,  but I too would like to be able to play unlimited practice shots from different locations around a green on any of the holes that are available to us, and this could be done. 

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2011 6:43 AM

Use the pitch shot.

Don't chip unless the shot is less than 7 or 8 yards.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2011 1:53 PM

puttersman:
    That is not exactly what he means or wants Yankee Jim .

I know that, Pman. I also know and understand why there never will be anything like that and for good reason. How long would it take you to master any given shot on any hole if you were allowed to hammer away at it? And then what do you suppose the scores would look like?  Ain't happening.

RSS