Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Spider Putter

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 17 2009 4:40 PM (24 replies)
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 3:15 PM

Yeah I mean, I know I can't complain really.  I noticed that tidy bit as well, tibbets. :(

I'm just sayin', throw us players a bone here.  This is why I've clamored for a change log.  One single stickied post in the announcement forum that documents every version change and what you did.  It doesn't have to be specific.

Example:

07/13/09:   Updated v1.32.07 to v1.32.08

- Corrected putter stats in the Pro Shop to be inline w/ performance

- Changed flag colors on Bethpage

- Minor terrain updates.

07/xx/09   Updated v(whatever) to v1.32.07

- New clubs released

- Whatever else

- Something here maybe

That would help to go a long way in pointing us players in the right direction so we can notice these things and avoid threads like this in the future.  I just wanna know things are different so I can make accurate comparisons.  It might result in me buying a second putter because the stats are different than they were, so maybe my decision will change.  That's a win, isn it?

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 3:27 PM

was the spider always slower or did that change?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 3:45 PM

The meter speed information for putters is still incorrect.

We did some testing (using the WGT Starter ball) and it looks like the Starter, Tour Starter and PING Anser putters all have about a 1.8sec window from full swing to the impact bar.

The Anser is displayed as having a level 2 speed, while all other putters are level 1.  Does anyone have an avg time for the Spider?

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 4:16 PM

My results for the Spider are about 2.1-2.2 seconds.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 4:40 PM

Ok.  Then all the Starter/Tour Starter putter graphics need to bumped to the first white line on the gauge and displayed at the same speed the Starter/Rapture irons show. 

The Anser needs to be bumped back to the first white line as well since it is the same speed as the Starter/Tour Starter putter.  The Spider is fine where it is.

*edit* Actually, if we look at it in numbers, the Spider is displaying a meter speed of 0.  The Spider's graphic should be bumped so that half of that first block is filled in.  I would consider that to represent swing speed 1.  That way, when the meter is completely full, it would represent swing speed 10.

RSS