Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Bought new clubs

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 20 2009 5:46 PM (5 replies)
  • PeteBolte
    172 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2009 11:36 AM

And I'm EXTREMELY happy with them.  Went over the green on Kiawah 7 and 11.  OVER the green.  I almost left a brown deposit on the fairway. 

Was watching the ball on the green yelling STOP STOP STOP but it didn't yet I was a lot closer to an eagle than ever before so I had no complaints whatsoever.  Even sunk a flop shot from 16 yards on #2 for a bird, tried to save it but got an error and couldn't.  Oh well.

Shot 2 over which ain't bad and had like...30 (?) putts which also ain't bad. 

In short. I'm happy with the increased distance I'm getting since I'm rated a pro (which I consider to be a bit unfair but I'll live with it) and that I'm finally able to get the distance I feel I need on par 5's to reach, or get close, in 2.  This is gonna take a lot of adjustments but I'm inordinately happy with the length I'm getting.  Even got a couple of long drive bronze awards!  YAY!

Now if only I had enough spin to make the ball stop after a bounce or 2............

Thanks WGT.  It took ya long enough but I feel I'm finally equipped to do better since I can now hit 280 (with a following wind) and have a decent 3 wood for second shots on par 5's. 

Regards to all,

Pete

• bionicbrats
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2009 12:16 PM

I bought a new driver, but I think Its doing me more harm than good

Where I used to not get the distance but saty in the fairway, the meter speed has increased and the forgiveness has decreased so instead of more distance on the fairway, I'm more often than not landing in some deep rough. 

• stevek41
    8 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 10:23 AM

You might try the raptures, good distance and a slow swing meter.

• Boogieman56
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 11:47 AM

How much does it cost to purchase new clubs?  I know you have to buy credits.  How much is one credit worth?  How much would it cost in dollars for a new driver?  How much would it cost in dollars for a new set of clubs?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks, Boogie

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 12:00 PM

There's a big FAQ section over there>>>>

I suggest taking a look.

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 5:46 PM

Hey Boogie..... 1 dollar is equal to 100 credits....  I like my new clubs too....  I hit a drive the other day for 294 yards.....  I mean almost 300 here......  I was like wow..................  and I hit my second shot at Kiawah #11 over the green too...  haven't done that since I could hit from the hack tees at Kiawah ages ago.  I think I could really improve if I had more time to practice now.  but finally I'm working full time and more now. 

RSS