Forums

Help › Forums

Re: ok wgt

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 15 2009 8:40 PM (4 replies)
  • SMOKEYSPAL
    15 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 12:33 AM

Not many of these attractive young foreign females are the real deal, right?  It's just a ploy.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 10:56 AM

Interesting question...  In your thread title, were you referring to 'wgt' as the population as a whole, or were you referring to the actual company?

WGT, the company, has no control of how some people represent themselves.  If you're a middle aged, overwieght, balding man from somewhere in Nebraska who wants to act like a 20yo Brazilian beach goddess, who can stop you?  That is the nature of Internet Anonymity.  Nothing is as it seems.

I have learned that if you treat everyone the same, and not 'hit' on those you ~~think~~ are female, you will save yourself much embarrassment.

(Note:  I only used "Nebraska" to illustrate a point.  I do not wish to disparage the Cornhusker State.)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 11:46 AM

This is why I chuckle when certain characters always end up posting on these types of players walls with things like "hey beautiful".

Just plain stupid.  Yeah, you're gonna hook up, keep at it. :-/

• SMOKEYSPAL
    15 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 8:10 PM

Points well taken, Snaike - no arguments here.

I guess my little jab at WGT - the outfit, not the community of players - wrapped all of its humor into the word 'ploy'.

Can't you just picture it?  I can, especially when it's 2 a.m. and I've bogeyed 3 out of the last 5 holes..........

Let's drop in on a late Thursday afternoon session with the WGT programmers to see what they're up to.  All day they have been slaving away over a bug on the 13th at Bethpage, but now the discussion has turned...

'Make sure to get her going with the PINK Tour Starters, okay Bill? That will look so cute.

'Will do! Pink it is, now where's she going to live?

'Let's go with Sweden.

'Again? What is it with you and Sweden?

'Oh, I don't know... guess I wanted to do my junior year abroad there, but it never worked out.

'Right, I know, but the story goes that you wouldn't have met Ralph if you had gone away your junior year.

'He's been good to me, Bill. No I wouldn't trade my life with Ralph for anything in this world. Except, maybe for higher numbers. Did you see how the traffic plummeted this week?

'Well, duh... the sun finally came out in New England, so everybody's outdoors. No point sitting at your PC when you actually go play golf.  Anyway... blond?

'Of course, blond. She's from Sweden, dummy.

'"It's Sweden dummy!' whatever... yes, and Brazil is brunette; that's easy, cause the b's are the same. What about eye color. Oh, wait - did you want the new pink balls, too, or just clubs?

'Oh, I don't know. What do you think?

'Pink is good. Pro or Am, Margaret - what do you say?

'Oh, let's start her off in the Pro's - you know, work her in quietly like she's been climbing up with nobody noticing.

'Got it. And eye color. Eyes are important, don't you think Margaret? It's such a small space for a portrait. I think the right eyes can bring in a whole lot of those friend requests, get the wires humming again.

'You're right Bill. Those traffic numbers really plummeted this week. Anything we can do to spark up our boys out there.

'Oh wait a minute, blond starts with 'b' too. So, tell me how I gonna remember blonde for Sweden, brunette for Brazil?

'Bill, seriously. You need to get out more. This programming - it'll weaken you until you're not fit for anything.

-------just having fun---------

• SonofAnarchy
    130 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 8:40 PM

so true nivlac. i lol'd @ that. sad thing is how true it is.

RSS