Forums

Help › Forums

Re: KATRINA ~ 'TEN YEARS AFTER'

Mon, Aug 31 2015 7:46 AM (5 replies)
  • MOLLY88
    1,029 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 4:14 PM

(With all due respect to Alvin Lee... this is about 'healing'...)

"When I wake up in the morning on the other side of the world; Saturday, August 29th will mark the tenth anniversary of the Hurricane Katrina disaster.

So, before signing-off for the night... I'd like to send out some luv to any members of the WGT who were affected in any way by the events of ten years ago (and may still be today and for some... changed forever).

Not only in New Orleans, Louisiana in general, Gulfport and Mississippi, Mobile and Alabama, Georgia, Florida and the Panhandle and inland thru Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio and the Eastern U.S. but anyone in Katrina's path from August 23rd to August 31st including Cuba and the Bahamas."

May God's Blessings and Peace be with all of our friends...

"While walking alone one night I saw in the distance what appeared to be an animal... once closer, it showed itself to be a man... closer still and it was my brother..."

luvfromme,

sweetdreamz

xxMolly

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 4:49 PM

Thank you Molly, I remember the long lines at the gas pumps and the trailers handing out bags of ice in our neighborhood. Cooking over a large candle to heat up cans of food. And spending two nights working in  our juvenile corrections facility.

Godbless

• tigerfan1506
    3,193 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 11:20 PM

I was a freshman in High School. I remember sitting in front of the TV watching endlessly with my dad.  He had tears rolling down his face, it was the first time i ever saw him cry.

Thanks for the post Molly.

• MOLLY88
    1,029 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2015 9:47 PM

"You're welcome boyz..."

God Bless!

xxMolly

• SGreene124
    58 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2015 7:46 AM

Thank you Molly, As a native of New Orleans, we have come a long way from that day. However, we still have a long way to go. The city has been getting better by the day. Even though I wasn't here, my family was. I was stationed in another state when I heard the news. I was glad my family was safe. But the two weeks of not being able to get in contact with anyone was hard to bare. 

But keeping this short. I appreciate your kind words. Katrina may have tool away a lot from this city but it couldn't take away our spirit.

#NewOrleans4Life

Sterling

RSS