Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Loophole?

Sat, Jan 8 2011 10:19 AM (8 replies)
  • SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2011 9:48 AM

I think I've spotted a loophole to get a few yards more on drives. I read in a thread somewhere that with backspin the ball travels further and stops quicker. When using starter balls or balls with 0 dots of spin with a driver with 0.5 dots (lowest spin for a driver) of spin, the spin doesn't change the roll any more than a few feet. However, would the more height thing still work?

Doodles

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2011 1:14 PM

SgtDoodles:

I think I've spotted a loophole to get a few yards more on drives. I read in a thread somewhere that with backspin the ball travels further and stops quicker. When using starter balls or balls with 0 dots of spin with a driver with 0.5 dots (lowest spin for a driver) of spin, the spin doesn't change the roll any more than a few feet. However, would the more height thing still work?

Doodles

Not as much because they don't spin as much so the extra height is sort of negated. And they are much harder to hit with a faster swing meter club.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2011 1:20 PM

SgtDoodles:
    However, would the more height thing still work?

Um, why not just go see if it does?

Spin happens when you have a ball that will accept it hit by a club that imparts it. That's what those dots represent-the abilities of the equipment. No dots-no spin. That's why spin balls don't work with the free stuff. The free stuff has zero dots and can't spin its way out of a cotton candy machine.  :-)

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2011 1:27 PM

Hmmm... for some reason I'm craving cotton candy.  Doubt I can find a good carnival or state fair in this kind of weather.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2011 3:46 PM

Doublemochaman:
    Doubt I can find a good carnival

Wait until your Mariners start playing.   :-D

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2011 6:01 PM

YankeeJim:

SgtDoodles:

wouldn't that be the first thing you did plainly out of curiousity.

tbe

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2011 9:17 AM

thebigeasy707:

YankeeJim:

SgtDoodles:

wouldn't that be the first thing you did plainly out of curiousity.

tbe

I did and RESULTS INCONCLUSIVE!!!! This is why we need a driving range...

Doodles

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2011 9:30 AM

SgtDoodles:
    I did and RESULTS INCONCLUSIVE!!!!

LOL-does that mean you couldn't ding it during the trials? It's a pain to have to wait until the next tee for a drive. An easier way is to set up a practice game at Kia#1 with no wind and just play that hole. Tee off, restart, tee off etc.  That #1 fairway is long and straight enough that in low winds you should get some accurate tee shots. I wouldn't trust the data unless it came from a ding and then only after 3-4 dings, at least.

You can do the same thing with the irons at BPB10 and 11. Both fairways are long enough to hit from one end to the other with all your irons so you can get 18 shots in and then restart.  GL

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2011 10:19 AM

Doublemochaman:
    Hmmm... for some reason I'm craving cotton candy.  Doubt I can find a good carnival or state fair in this kind of weather.

Yancycan's always got his fingers on the pulse or what not of the consumer.

DMM and Yancy have been busy!  Nice job on the infomercial btw DMM!

RSS