Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT Caddy

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 3 2011 4:26 PM (9 replies)
  • jeffsweeps
    62 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2011 1:24 AM

#1 Does Yancy's WGT Caddy Program violate the terms of service agreement? Yes or No

#2 If a program merely does the math that you could do yourself to come up with putting distances, is the program allowed?

#3 Same Questions with regards to wind & Elevation.

#4 I saw it posted somewhere that as long as the program didn't AIM for you, Click for You, et cetc is was ok, what are your thoughts?

#5 With regards to calculating putting distances, If a program told you to hit a putt 66% power is that ok (for example with easy math 15ft putter on a 10ft putt) assuming greenspeed of 1

#6 Now if the same Program showed you how far to pull your meter back, is that any different? Cause it not like we all couldn't figure it out with a simple calculator.

#7 Same program shows you how far to pull your meter for a 87yd Wedge Shot with a 95yd Wedge (assuming no head or tailwind and zero elevation) 91.5789%

#8 What if one program done this and it also let you keep a shot log and hole notes, should it be allowed?

I know someone who has made such a program but won't release it, or even let me have it, for fear of

1.ruining the game,
    2.being called a cheat,
    3.and because he does not know what the official WGT view is on it. but i have seen this, so i know it exists.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2011 12:19 PM

I think you might be taking Yancy's advice a little to seriously.  And we almost need to be lawyers to understand the T&C on any web site. 

In my opinion, unless a program is playing the game for you, I don't see the harm in that.  Its like using a range finder, in real golf...the device can tell you the distance, but it can't swing the club. 

If you are not sure what to do, play by the rules...if you are not sure, just do what's right!

Joey

• jeffsweeps
    62 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2011 1:06 PM

Would a WGT rep comment on this, out let me know where i can tell me friend to send his program to make sure it doesn't get him kicked?

• jeffsweeps
    62 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2011 1:09 PM

I also realized it was not Yancy who made the WGT Caddy. Sorry about that. It was some czech guy i think.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2011 1:31 PM

Doesn't WGT run spyware on your system to detect cheats anyway...

If the don't then maybe they should

• jeffsweeps
    62 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2011 1:42 PM
    Thats what i am asking is if this program is considered a cheat if it is only doing what you can do with tape, a ruler, and a calculator.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2011 1:47 PM

jeffsweeps:
    I know someone who has made such a program but won't release it, or even let me have it,

That exact program was the topic of great discussion around here a year ago, jeff. Heh-I was right in the middle of it. You don't need it, it was very lame.

• jeffsweeps
    62 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2011 2:15 PM

Not this one i can assure you, he hasn't quite finished it .. it does not calculate coreectly for chip shots and pitch shots due to green speeds.

Is it allowed?

• Iceats
    346 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2011 3:55 PM

Yankee Jim is correct - that thread addressed most of what you have brought up.  If you look at the last post of that thread you will see WGT's response.]

Here is the address for the thread.

http://wgt.com/forums/t/6988.aspx?PageIndex=2

Here is WGTalex's response:

3rd party add-ons are permissible only if they are created for personal, non-commercial use. They also cannot be hacks or programs created to alter gameplay in any way. Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.

WGT does not warrant, test or approve any 3rd party add-ons.  All users must beware of scams, phishing, spy-ware, keylogging and viruses, that may be associated with add-ons. Also add-ons may interfere with the performance of the swing meter and the game in general.

Ice

• jeffsweeps
    62 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2011 4:26 PM
    OK guys thanks, I guess since he hasn't released it, no one else can test it. But it doesn't alter gameplay or does it use any macros, doesn't autoclick, it is basically a WGT Range finder & Wind and Elevation Recommender, reflecting the results in a power meter %.
RSS