Help › Forums

Re: Need help on WGT Golf Mobile

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 11 2015 11:03 AM (8 replies)
  • CutePanda
    8 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2015 9:04 PM

Hi Pros,

I'm fairly new here, and trying to find some tips to improving play skill on WGT Mobile version. I'm currently at Tier Tour Pro, and stuck at this tier for quite a while, as well my stoke number playing at Old Course also stuck at 75.xxx. I read the putting tips posts here but seems they are for other platforms not applying to Mobile WGT (I play on iPad and my Android cell phone). Just wondering are there any good posts suit Mobile WGT?

Thanks for helping.

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 1:25 PM

there are a few players in my country club who play via the mobile platform. i am sure they would help-out a fellow member...invite sent

turfsand

(great lakes gamblers country club)

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 2:29 PM

Gr8 gesture turf!

Me thinks that the split between the mobile apps for playing and a browser for forums etc. might prevent a sufficient amount of mobile players to lurk & post in the forums.

Any truth in this?

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 4:43 PM

i believe someone said that posting on these forums was possible from a mobile device? not sure though as i have not tried it myself, will have to ask my son later tonight.

btw..thx 4 the props

• CutePanda
    8 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 8:48 PM

Thank you both! I read several posts, at least I learned one important hint: make notes of each holes played! Didn't think of need a notebook for a game b4. :-)

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Sat, Jul 25 2015 9:31 AM

cutepanda, our own country club forums are a wealth of WGT game tips and more. they are also a great place to ask questions and get to know other members

• Safdar1
    454 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2015 2:47 PM

Hi Cutepanda, and good to see you at our club, I sent you a friend invite.

I play on ipad mainly now after using laptop for a while, and I have to say I much prefer the playability on the ipad, the graphics are much better, and the meter is smoother (I have a mission to get a smooth meter on laptop but thats a different story). I have realised my internet connection at home isnt great, but the game still loads and works well on the ipad. In terms of playing on the course, I cannot really think of anything that I did on the laptop that I cannot do on the ipad....

I did start to keep course notes on the book I purchased here, but it is not accessible on the ipad, so I have to keep notes elsewhere now.

Also, on the ipad you can access the forums, but you cannot log in (I presume because the log in part on the top left is in a flash frame), so you can read only. To post this I am on my laptop.

Also, the multi games are more difficult in the sense you can only choose opponents on the mobile platform as well. And you can only play head to head, not up to 4 players or alt shot like laptop.

I seriously prefer the ipad, but I miss the sociability aspect of multi stroke play and alt shot you get on the laptop/pc.

• Safdar1
    454 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2015 2:49 PM

Oh, almost forgot, the putting tips on the forum where you use pitch grid and move the squares around, you cannot really do that on the ipad, but you can just hold and move the grid around, its kind of similar, I havent noticed a real downside here...

• DaveYarrow
    49 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2015 11:03 AM

i downloaded the puffin browser on ipad which lets you post on forums etc.

RSS