Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New ball distance amount?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 12 2009 5:40 PM (4 replies)
  • sabbath27
    15 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2009 2:44 PM

"GI-D: These balls will give you a small increase in distance and feel but at the expense of durability."

How much is a small increase? If we get the club distance numbers, could we have the ball distance number? 

Or is it more like a percentage of whatever club you're using? Does it have more of an effect when using certain clubs vs. others?

Thanks!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2009 2:45 PM

If there is an increase in distance, I'm not seeing it.  It may only be a yard, if that.

• TaterNater
    545 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2009 6:07 PM

i got the 10 credit ball and i'm getting 5 extra yards per club except for wedges if that helps ya

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 11:36 AM

there is a quite an increase in distance...it's exponentail. i am going it's as much as 3%, so on your 250 drive you will have 257.5 drive.

the problem is, with wind, direction, we alredy have enough trouble judging distance, and now this 'increase'.

i am all for the increase, don't get me wrong, but i want to know exactly by how much we are increasing. is it 2%, 3%, 2.51% etc

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 5:40 PM

I didn't really want to post and change the direction or focus of the "Proshot" post by tibbets, but one point I would like to make is in real life you don't know how many hits you will get out of a ball. Miss shots will cause more damage and which clubs you use over the course will cause different wear and tear, so in this one area I agree with the hit bar rational, it's like examining your ball between drives and putts. I also want to reinforce that when a ball needs replacing  it should be the same type of ball even if you run out of a certain colour provided you have them in your bag. (P.S. You can buy more balls midgame so if you think you are going to need a new one just buy that colour before you need to. It's a work around)

RSS