Re: 2016 Course plans ?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 18 2015 3:47 AM (69 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 1:47 AM

borntobesting:

PaulTon:

I've got the uneasy feeling that we won't be seeing Pebble Beach until May 2016.

The December Virtual Tour event is listed as the Pebble Beach Championship and a  is a major. I don't see them having a major on a CTTH course.

Ah, that's quite encouraging news, I hope you're right b2b.

If that's the case, then I wonder what May '16 will bring?

Wasn't there talk of Valhalla or is the ctth all they meant?

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 1:38 PM

I get the feeling we won't see Pebble Beach until the next time the US Open is there.

I would like a new course for 2016 but I would still like for us to play the Virtual US Open on the Oakmont tract in tandem with the real US Open.

I'd be fine with them tying in with the PGA and bring us both the US Open and PGA course each year.   I think the R&A is done with WGT.   I wonder a little about he US Open tie in when we go to Shinnecock or WInged Foot, places that don't want or need WGT.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 1:58 PM

What about the TPC courses, being from UK i dont know too much about them but i love watching tournaments at Sawgrass, Scottsdale etc. Also we have some great courses over here like Turnberry, Sunningdale etc.

Bubbs

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 4:17 PM

You can look forward to new pins at Oakmont for the 2016 VUSO ... allready in the pipe ... (unless priorities change) ...

Teaser : Whistling Straits CTTH is supposed to launch this month .... so sayeth WGT media ...

They may take a goodly bit of time next year and add more pin positions to all the courses ...

It would be like having new courses ... I could dig it ...

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 4:43 PM

alosso:
    "                                                                                                 "

I see what you did there.   LOL

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2015 6:57 AM

Could be that they come across for the open at St Andrews and do the Himalayas putting green, take even less work than another pitch and putt course ;)

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2015 12:00 PM

donsprintr:
    Teaser : Whistling Straits CTTH is supposed to launch this month .... so sayeth WGT media ...

I can't find where they said it would be CTTH. All I found was this. 

The Kiawah Island and Bethpage tournaments will be full-course tournaments, while the format for Whistling Straits will be announced in July.

So we could get lucky and have it full stroke play. 

• Easy1955
    262 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2015 4:16 PM

All good answers so far.... but ya ...who know what and where... at least if they gave us different pin placements at Chambers and stuff .... mix it up some ... we are at their mercy...lol...let us pray ...Ha !!!!

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2015 4:14 PM

borntobesting:

donsprintr:

I can't find where they said it would be CTTH. All I found was this. 

The Kiawah Island and Bethpage tournaments will be full-course tournaments, while the format for Whistling Straits will be announced in July.

So we could get lucky and have it full stroke play. 

I found it on WGT media a couple months back ... apparently they changed the wording ....I'll be happy with whatever they give us.

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2015 6:03 PM

Thought WGT said there would be a 3rd set of pins for Oakmont. Maybe I'm mistaken

RSS