Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Please get rid of these extreme green speeds - very slow and ultra fast

Tue, Oct 29 2019 2:07 PM (34 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2015 5:51 PM

Lee, the goofy speeds re for fun...no issue with having them...shakes the rounds up...but whet is saying, let's keep it rel when setting up  4 round tourney...sure, something different to ply for fun, but pull them from the "Random" selection...make it so you have to select them.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2015 11:45 PM

I thank u all for the arguments and opinions, but the 'ayes' have it,

WGTicon is taking this on board so that is good news.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2015 4:20 AM

PTrenter:

The only one of the newer speeds I've see crop up on random conditions is 'Slow 7.2'.  I I've not seen any labelled Ultra or Super yet and hope never to either. Please never put then in the random conditions pot.

Anyone tried Merion #5 on Ultra Fast yet?

yes. The only way to even get the ball to stay on the green is hole it out. Same with # 17 @ Olympic. 

• tessa47
    5 Posts
    Sun, Oct 27 2019 7:50 AM

TESSA47     ULTRA SLOW  TAKES TO MUCH TIME TO CALCULATE FOR HAVING FUN   3-PUTTS IN 5-FT. IS ALITTLE MUCH DON'T YOU THINK ?

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2019 2:07 PM

tessa47:

TESSA47     ULTRA SLOW  TAKES TO MUCH TIME TO CALCULATE FOR HAVING FUN   3-PUTTS IN 5-FT. IS ALITTLE MUCH DON'T YOU THINK ?

This thread is way out of date.

As to "calculation", there is no difference in calculation time for different speed putts.  You just have to learn them.

Now putting 3 times from 5 ft is not good and does take too much time.  1 putt is much faster.

RSS