Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Mass Poaching

Wed, May 16 2018 6:35 AM (120 replies)
  • jiggsie
    478 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 3:48 PM

I must be dumber that I thought. I fail to see what problem exists having a CC ask me to join. I get 2 or 3 a week, if I'm happy where I'm at I say no thank you. (which I am and have been for a long time)

Now I can see if they were to offer 1 - 2  sleeves a week and/or a new club anytime I wanted and a 25.00 gift of credits monthly, to me that's poaching. An invite to join is just that, it's an invite. You say thank you for your interest and either accept or decline the invitation. Am I missing something?

Jiggsie

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts

fatdan:

I guess I just don't get it, I'm with Bags on this...

I had at least 50 invites over the years to join a CC and never did...Jimbog hit me up to join his and I did, because I like him...

If I got another 50 invites this week I wouldn't switch clubs....

If someone leaves your club I highly doubt the wall post or invite is the "real" reason they left...

Why the obsession with poaching, do club owners get some sort of benefit out of it I'm not aware of, if you have 50+ members what is the difference if 2-3 leave?

Neither to i get it, keeps getting turned round to the if members are happy, and must be another reason if they leave etc etc.............The issue is him doing it.

But some will think its ok for him to do it and some will think its not. That was the original discussion not other owners worried in case he does it to them, frankly he can but i wont agree its right

Thats the forum for you, ive seen some heated disussions on here, including from 2 USA lads (cant remember what it was about, but military was discussed)......I just screenshot a USA flag and said that should be enough, so i aint causing trouble, just dont like it thats all.

Respect to your opinion 

Bubbs

EDIT.....Thats me done with forums, other than advert as its doing me napper in, over and out.......Beam me up Scottie ;-)

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts

alanti:

Over the years I can seriously say I think I have only had a couple of invites.....ummm probably says something about me lol.(PS I do not want any either).

Awwwww, that is soooo sad!!!!

Part 2 is sooooo true!

LMAO

My profile not only said "fatdan does not belong to a country club"...right above that I posted "I'm not interested in joining a CC so no invites please", and I still got them..LOL

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 3:59 PM

bubbsboy:

Neither to i get it, keeps getting turned round to the if members are happy, and must be another reason if they leave etc etc.............The issue is him doing it.

Exactly, if the members are happy and he wants to waste his time, who cares, it is his time he is wasting! If some leave they most likely didn't like the CC  anyway...

But some will think its ok for him to do it and some will think its not. That was the original discussion not other owners worried in case he does it to them

Actually it wasn't the theme of the thread originally, someone broke a "written rule", to publicly call out someone for breaking an unwritten rule!

Respect to your opinion 

As I do yours! It isn't that I  think it is alright for a guy/gal to do it, it isn't, I just don't understand why owners get so upset by it...

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 4:10 PM

jiggsie:

Now I can see if they were to offer 1 - 2  sleeves a week and/or a new club anytime I wanted and a 25.00 gift of credits monthly, to me that's poaching.

Jiggsie

I would have to say "goodbye" to Jim unless he wanted to match the new contract offer...sorry Jim...I got poached...LMAO

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 4:32 PM

alanti:
    there is an unwritten etiquette about approaching players who are in a club.

yup

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 10:11 PM

alanti:
    MBaggese:
    Like in Star Trek 2, or was it 3?

Hmmnn, looks like I was edited...lol!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 10:17 PM

Lobsterboy:

alanti:
    there is an unwritten etiquette about approaching players who are in a club.

yup

I can agree to a point, but...(not butt), and maybe it's because I'm in a pretty laid back club..???...I just don't see why an owner of a club would get butthurt about someone else wanting his/her members?

"unwritten rules" are in in real sports and pertain to the game being played, in the real world agents are talking to agents about players all the time.

Consider it flattery that someone wants what you have;)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 10:50 PM

MBaggese:
    "unwritten rules" are in in real sports and pertain to the game being played, in the real world agents are talking to agents about players all the time.

I know what you are saying Mike and your analogy is good. However golf is a sport that revolves around etiquette and that unwritten rule has mostly existed with the majority of owners. Unlike real golf clubs, WGT CC's are not a buisness, they are primarily about like minded friends coming together (please do not get excited about the phase). 

Bottom dollar is despite the deals done by agents, the players have the ultimate decision to make. 

CC Owners invest a lot of time and often money running a good club. This is why I feel loyalty is earned.

I too belong to a club that is pretty laid back......wait, we are in the same club...thought you sounded familiar,,,,,,,

I like my club, I like the members and we have a good mix of events so I feel honored to represent it. If players do not feel that way about their club, the IMO they will move on at some point, wall post or not.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2015 2:58 AM

IRL agents hit people up as said.  That happens both in sport and business.  Heck in business having head hunted on your CV by a good company is something that just looks great.

I also understand here there is no money involved, and owners work hard to get a club going.

If I were approached by another club and I was already in a CC I would ask how much do they care about individuals or etiquette.  Sadly there is no doubt some clubs will load up anyone without care to even obvious M/As.  I don't advocate witch hunting with whacko stuff either, but some don't give a stuff as long as long as they pile on XPs.  We won't be an XP chasing club like that.

It's something I would not do even on a micro scale, and it's something I would certainly look on as reflecting poorly on a club cold selling widely like that (for reasons above).  I also think there are bigger fish to fry though (no pun at OP inferred or intended)........

And I say all that noting someone is already offering one of my v recent finds a place via a wall post on his page, LOL.  In fairness looks done OK, but not what I would be comfortable with or ever look to replicate in any way...

RSS