Wed, May 27 2015 1:08 PM

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 2:22 PM

LMAO ^^^^^^^^^^^^+1

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 5:00 PM

Ditto ^^^^, beauty Ace. First thing I do when installing a new OS is grab any other browser & then disable IE, LOL. Best browser for my game client on Win 7 is Palemoon.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 9:08 PM

new pc came with windows 8.1, maxthon cloud 99.99% pure good!   . IE works well except for the no space bar ability in the chat.  my nickle.

• snoops34
    2,694 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 8:30 AM

Here's a new post from 2016, more than a year after the last post. Tried the new browser Vivaldi, a 2016 release and found that it loads twice as fast as all the browsers I've tried, at least a dozen, and is smooth as silk, unless someone with a bad connection in Alt games ruins the game which happens all too often.

For the speed of loading and smoothness of meter, I now use this exclusively for WGT. One click and it loads in a few seconds. I have windows 10 and Edge as a backup but Vivaldi is my go to browser.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 11:03 AM

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 12:33 PM

I might give it a try. What is it based on? For me though

speed of loading and smoothness are moot as just about every browser loads fast and is smooth on Windows 10. What separates a decent browser from a good one is how quickly it responds to your clicks and if it gets flash crashes when you zoom in more than 1 or 2 times.

For years I have used Comodo Dragon because it responded very quickly to my clicks and was stable after 3 or more Zoom ins. Lately though it has as many other chrome based browsers  become sluggish responding to the clicks. I started using Comodo Ice Dragon with very good results.

• DDRoss1
    1,809 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 12:57 PM

TopShelf2010:

snoops34:
    Tried the new browser Vivaldi, a 2016 release

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing your find. I am currently happy with Maxthon. However, I am always looking for ways to improve. I might give it a go over the weekend when I have more time to "play" around with it.

Thanks again

Don

Vivaldi Browser Home Page

Hey Brother, if you like it shoot me a note.....Waterfox is been spotty lately.....why i am not playing alt right now...Thanks Don....

• snoops34
    2,694 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 1:55 PM

borntobesting:

speed of loading and smoothness are moot as just about every browser loads fast and is smooth on Windows 10. What separates a decent browser from a good one is how quickly it responds to your clicks and if it gets flash crashes when you zoom in more than 1 or 2 times.

For years I have used Comodo Dragon because it responded very quickly to my clicks and was stable after 3 or more Zoom ins. Lately though it has as many other chrome based browsers  become sluggish responding to the clicks. I started using Comodo Ice Dragon with very good results.

It's based on Opera and built by former Opera guys. I was using Comodo without a care until a few months ago and it began to skip and so did Ice Dragon, at least for me. The only way to check it out for sure is to download. If you don't like it, of course you can delete it. Even the touted Maxthon and Firefox and others don't work for me now.

• DDRoss1
    1,809 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 4:10 PM

snoops34:

borntobesting:

It's based on Opera and built by former Opera guys. I was using Comodo without a care until a few months ago and it began to skip and so did Ice Dragon, at least for me. The only way to check it out for sure is to download. If you don't like it, of course you can delete it. Even the touted Maxthon and Firefox and others don't work for me now.

Dont know if its my computer or I only have Windows 7, i tried it a few times, first time i played a couple of holes, meter was smooth, so went out and came back in,....then meter started jumping.....i will try to figure out something later, guess i am sticking with waterfox for right now.....LOL.....

RSS