Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ball life getting shorter!

Tue, Jul 7 2015 9:34 AM (52 replies)
  • NRencich
    44 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 4:30 AM

Not to say if you're in the rough with 20-25% lie, you will always find that shots going over no hazard goes substantially farther than those shots from the same lie over a hazard, where a 200 yard shot will only travel 110-120 to disappear and make you use up purchased equipment.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 6:12 AM

Alan, glad to make a bad day a bit more bearable.  ;-)

mk, I could very well have missed counting fringe putts or even a fairway shot or two, good point.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 7:28 AM

That's why I put the bold italicized "if" in my statement regarding the 117 count earlier. Three fringe or missed fairway shots means nothing really has changed. If those three shots weren't missed then life was reduced 2%. Either way it's nowhere near the exaggerated claims made in the first few pages of this thread.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 10:18 AM

srellim234:

That's why I put the bold italicized "if" in my statement regarding the 117 count earlier. Three fringe or missed fairway shots means nothing really has changed. If those three shots weren't missed then life was reduced 2%. Either way it's nowhere near the exaggerated claims made in the first few pages of this thread.

I agree, 117 is certainly within a reasonable margin for error or standard deviation or whatever one wants to call it.  My method was hardly scientific, I had pencil and paper and was using hashmarks while concentrating on the game at hand, it's almost certain I missed a couple.

• OHSHEEEIT
    242 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2015 3:45 AM

Thank you...........I had to wait months to get this award in the past

Chris

• droolingtroll
    107 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 7:54 PM

ya i have seemed to see that too ... plus i bought some calloway  balls that were going to be a little longer than my other calloways .... (4.0 vs 3.0) and guess what? not one yard longer...i wish i had just stayed with a free game ... i wonder that as soon as i actually put in some cold hard cash, the screws were put to me. i cant earn points, my balls dont last, and i am not having the fun that i had the first few weeks

the original drooling troll (fm espn fantasy)

outcasts and misfits and outcasts

• NRencich
    44 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2015 2:40 PM

Game cheats anyway.   I don't understand on how I'm playing a game, and all of a sudden on a water hole, the meter always manages to go beserk and I'll lose the ball.   Meter stops and starts in middle of shot, and it didn't act up until I got to the hazard hole. Tired of it, will play with starter balls.  Screw this

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 10:09 AM

A meter glitch resulting in a lost ball sticks in the memory, a meter skip resulting in 40-50% rough does not. Like a lot of complaints in these forums it's mostly down to player perception.

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 7:05 AM

it dont get all screwy wen u by water thats in your head or your computer but i have notice ball usage going down much quickerm if u think not u being fooled

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 8:04 AM

SwingingRoofer:
    but i have notice ball usage going down much quickerm if u think not u being fooled

Nope. Perception again. Re-read this thread, players have more or less proven that ball life has NOT changed.

RSS