Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Edgewood Closest to Hole

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 11 2011 8:32 AM (22 replies)
  • Filler
    12 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2009 1:28 AM

This seems to be the only course I've come across where you are actually punished for hitting a 'ding!' perfect shot. Or is it just me? It's not just subtle either... miles off course.

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 12:02 AM

I have found it fairly easy, except for three of the holes,  the worst is #7,  I have yet to get it TO the green,  cant figure out how to play that hole.

• Filler
    12 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 12:53 AM

The 7th is a bit daft... i used to go very left leaving it 19-28 or so feet away tho I have managed to get it 8 foot near from hoping it bumps along the rough - more often than not tho it sticks or disappears over.

But no matter what hole, if I hit a 'perfect' shot on this course, it shanks wildly left or right. I guess it's just me?

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 10:32 AM

seems that way  Filler,   I hit perfect about 50% of the time,  and it does not do that to me

• scareyashell
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 10:48 PM

Aced #2 on first try doing great till 7 and left it 60ft in bunker doh!

• Filler
    12 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 3:50 AM

It's definitely going wild for me when I hit 'excellent'. I've told my caddy to clean the balls thoroughly and still no marked difference. It just comes out of the club head wrong and I don't get this on any other course. For instance... 3rd hole... an 8 mph right to left cross wind and slightly against (an 8:45 o'clock wind) ... I aim right, just over half way between pin and side of green... I hit 'excellent' and it pulls wildly into the left bunker - and it's heading left straight after I hit it. Very odd.

• bobinor
    9 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 9:36 PM

I don't have Filler's problems but I find it strange that I hit the same distances with clubs here as I did at Bethpage. Tahoe is at 6,500 ft. elevation,or so. There should be lots more carry. Has WGT not taken that into consideration? I haven't played any other course besides BPB and now Edgewood, so I may learn that distances are a constant and not variable due to elevation.

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 3:08 AM

Not very likely that the elevation is taken into the equations, seeing that items such as lie angle and ball position have not been implemented yet.  Just an assumption on my part though. 

• ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 7:38 AM

Filler it isn't just you..I've had it on some holes but mainly just #3

#3 has some technical problems for me. On probably 5-10 occassions I've hit a ding perfectly with minimum wind and the ball takes an extreme flight path off the club..well right or left of the target. One time I had a 12 mph wind from right to left. Hit perfect, just right of pin and it actually went right and into the trap. I just hot another with 7 mph..same directions and this time it took off far left and almost didn't make the green.

Love the course and aced #2 once (quit round because of work though)...but #3 has just had those problems. #7 is tough and because of having a 70 and 65 wedge I have to use 100 sometimes in bad winds....70 is good with slight wind behind and solid hit(it will get within 5 ft with right kick off hill but this is rare). But it also is off. I can use 100 wedge..take it about 80% up and mishit it by an hair and it won't even get out of the sand.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 1:25 PM

As I have posted elsewhere... #7 is the easiest hole on this course for me..  <10' on every shot, usually, but not always under 3'...  once or twice in the inches.

75yard wedge shot, full swing, full backspin ... bounces out of the sand, hits the edge of the rough and rolls up nice and snuggy with the pin.  Little (VERY LITTLE) left or right aiming if the wind is +10 either way...  and minor adjustments to swing/club up if the wind is +10 in or out.

Other than that... piece o' chocolate cake.

RSS