Forums

Help › Forums

Re: level 98 to 100 ( top Eqpt)

Thu, May 21 2015 9:50 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2015 7:04 AM

Get it out of ur head Jason, ur not missing out on anything.

The level 100 Covert driver is no better than the R1

The vapor irons are really no better than the Level 97 irons

I grinded the lower level 90's on Par3 tourneys I set up in my CC. Ten of those per day was about all I could take.

playing a proper tourney was almost light relief.

I used the WGT rock a lot of the time as scores were irrelevant, but ball usage was.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2015 7:11 AM

Top equipment is not going to make much difference in your play. Your stats show you are already one of the top players. Play when you can and enjoy the ride.

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2015 9:23 AM

Not sure I agree with Bommerboy44 on that.     I switched from the R11 irons to the Vapor irons a few months ago and saw big improvements in my iron play.

The distance on each iron was the same but the precision is much better.   I can actually tell I'm hitting them much closer to the pin and I'm sure it isn't because my ability has gotten better.   My putting has been poor since switching but my scoring has been better a tribute to better iron play for sure.

Grinding away when you get to about level 95 is not fun.   It takes forever to get from one level to the next.   I don't think there are any real secrets.   Make sure you get you daily bonus maxed, even a 9 hole CTTH will give you your 880 points.  Stroke play in tournaments seems to be the fastest way to get points, playing alone is much faster and the point award is pretty good.   Of course the boost is a key as well.

All that being said it just takes a long time.when you have to earn 500k points to advance, even if you hit 2k a day that is still almost 9 months.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2015 8:39 PM

Just a thought, u can pick up 500 + Xp's in awards when u play the new courses, if u haven't already.

So play Bandon and the VUSO qualifier relentlessly, at least there is some motivation, But I see u r qualified already.

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Thu, May 21 2015 9:50 AM

Win1Soon:

Any tips on leveling up a wee bit faster? Of course logging in everyday and playing a round goes without saying. Just thought there might be something I may be missing or not aware of (or hoping). Working 10-12 hours a day now, so there are days I get home and want to play, but its basically pointless as I'm burnt out. And on the weekends When I can grind a few I do. But would like to enjoy some of the new top equipment. Thx to all in advance for any help/tips. Jason

Find a few buddies that are in the same boat.  Set up an 18 hole Alt Shot with them on the Best of the Par 5s and be on a voice chat program so you can talk rather than spend time typing. Play all 18 holes as fast as you can "Grip it and Rip it" without even aiming as the objective is speed.  With a CDP bonus and if you get a 5% personal XP bonus from the CC you belong to you will get  right about 1,800 XPs IF all 18 are played - I am sure you can figure out how to get to the 18th hole before someone wins it.  :) 

One of those a day and a few CC or WGT tourneys a week can cut the time taken down to 4 months per level at the level you are at.  4 months is still a long time BUT if you have a voice chat program and a few buddies in the quest together it is a lot more fun then grinding out multiple tourneys a day for the same number of XPs by yourself.

• PAGES
RSS