Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Distance?

Mon, Dec 13 2010 8:16 PM (4 replies)
  • Raadush
    1 Posts
    Mon, Dec 13 2010 7:53 AM

Sometimes I just don't understand this game. A moment ago I was hitting 5yds uphill approach with 12mph crosswind with my 90yds club and the ball travelled 91yds total even i expected something aroud 75-80yds. Is that because of low precision club or what?

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Mon, Dec 13 2010 11:09 AM

Raadush:

Sometimes I just don't understand this game. A moment ago I was hitting 5yds uphill approach with 12mph crosswind with my 90yds club and the ball travelled 91yds total even i expected something aroud 75-80yds. Is that because of low precision club or what?

Maybe the lack of precision but more likely the lack of spin on both your club and balls. With starter wedges and balls the best you can hope for is for the spin they do have to slow the ball down a little. The total distance of a club is including roll and with the starter clubs and balls you get a lot more roll than you might expect, especially if you hit on a down slope or are shooting uphill as  what spin you do have is lost.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Mon, Dec 13 2010 12:44 PM

Raadush:

5 yards??? where you shooting in the himalayas sir?

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Mon, Dec 13 2010 6:59 PM

Raadush:

You haven't played enough yet to figuire anything out. It takes a long time with good clubs and lots and lots of rounnds. Read all the tips and the help forums and buy the best clubs you can. Remember WGT is a game, so bang away and have FUN.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Dec 13 2010 8:16 PM

Raadush:

The club lengths are based on average all travel under no winds and flat incline. Landing on a green will increase length, as the ball has more roll-out than it would on a fairway. top and bottom spin can be a big aid when you need to shorten a shot ever so slightly, or extend it that extra couple feet. That kind of 'feel' only comes with practice, as the previous poster alluded to.

and yes, the less precision clubs have a greater range of deviation overall, length AND accuracy.

RSS