Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Why are you guys releasing new courses just for closest to the pin?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 16 2009 8:42 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
    1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 3:03 AM

Ted1:

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Then this thread is War and Peace! =)

• kinkydevil
    33 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2009 10:10 PM

Another stroke play course would be great. my gripe is that seeing as we can now play kiawah and BPB why cant we play both in multiplayer? and have the choice in setting up a new game with friends to play both courses and say front back or both 9s?

the courses are there so seems a waste not using them both in multiplayer.

• kinkydevil
    33 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2009 9:26 AM

I agree with kinkydevil!

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2009 10:37 AM

Due to the latest developments in the "photogate" case, the USGA has decided to ban cameras from golf courses nationwide. It seems as though the 300,000 photos taken at each course have upset the birds and the squirrels.  Shame on u WGT!! *

* this is not meant  2 b taken seriously........

• blindred
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 1:24 AM

is this about pictures?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 3:53 AM

I'd say it is. The environment of this game is based on HD photographs of the real courses, and it's more difficult to compose a course out of photographs than to create a semblance of the real course solely through artificial computer imagery.

I understand the usage of HD photographs is the reason for why we'll probably never get to see rainy weather in this game, why pin locations never change, and why it takes so long to make new stroke play courses available for play.

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 9:12 PM

i love the look of the game.... BUT...

Faterson:
    I understand the usage of HD photographs is the reason for why we'll probably never get to see rainy weather in this game, why pin locations never change, and why it takes so long to make new stroke play courses available for play.

....then the future of WGT is grim.  can WGT survive a retail release without these features?

• Finarfin
    1 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 1:58 PM

tcmae, I would like to play other courses too, but I don't think the people at WGT are sitting in a room saying "Hey, wouldn't it be great to take a million pictures and just waste them by not doing anything with them?  Let's never release another course...ever!"  I'm sure they are doing their best and will have other courses to play when they are ready.

• MrMcCormick
    69 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 8:42 AM

I seem to go both ways on this subject. I love this game. I got a security job working 12 hours of day which relates to me being on wgt 12 hours a day which basically means I get paid to play wgt. lol. but seriously though i get so dang bored playing these 2 courses. Never changes. BLAH!. What is annoying about it is the fact that wgt knows how many "in the millions" get on there site. They have it so well put together with clubs, effects, tournaments, credits as cash, forums, quick e-mail response, etc. Out of all of that they have only TWO courses. TWO which are fully established. It baffles me that they are not more prepared for it. I would even pay to buy new courses. That could be a money maker in itself. And we all know about digital effects aka (pictures) and how long it takes to put it together... but come on... As much as I love wgt they need to get on it or im going to be falling back on TW golf again... Don't make me do it... :(

• PAGES
RSS