Forums

Help › Forums

Re: UEL Players

Tue, Apr 14 2015 6:32 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 5:31 PM

uneven lies to great fun, its the best way to play wgt, tough but fair, all you need is a bit of practice and good course management

driver is not always the right option, recently i played a matchplay at congressional F9, used 3w off all the tees and i had 6 or 7 birdies threw 8 holes, the match ended on the 8th hole, course management is very useful on uneven, have the mind set if you have a very good lie you can get close to the pin from any distance.

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2015 1:06 AM

Wanted to know if UEL affects putts taken from fringe/fw ?

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2015 1:27 AM

razza31:

Nope, UEL does not affect putting lie...putting is the same on flat or UEL.

Eric

• Thefullmontygolf
    32 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2015 8:01 AM

razza31:

I heard that wind effect on putts is stronger when putting in UEL game. Other factors that should be taken into account when putting in UEL games are; the coriolis effect, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure and direction of cut on the green (much more apparent on those slow standard greens).

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2015 3:03 PM

Consider this ... even though you don't have a square grid box on a putt when you're playing uneven lies, or when playing even lies for that matter ...

Every putt is essentially an uneven lie ... but the uneven lies feature doesn't give any extra added effect from the fringe or on the green. 

It seems funny to me when I shoot with someone and they say, "I don't play uneven lies" ... I tell them, "Yes, you do ... everytime you putt." 

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 6:32 AM

I guess the logical explanation is that when using the putter ball does not fly as with any other club....no matter where it lies, it simply rolls.

Eric

• PAGES
RSS