Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I didn't realize that "Pros" always played in 20mph winds???

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 14 2009 8:31 PM (4 replies)
  • mctheta
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 6:46 AM

I can totally appreciate the skill curve that is applied when playing in adverse weather, but why would there always be 10-12mph+ wind on every course, every time it's played?  I get my play to just about even par on a round and all of a sudden there's a hurricane during every round??  The wind factor is obviously needed and adds depth and realism to the game, but I find it hard to believe that these courses always have this much wind...the minute a par player walks up to tee off.

I'm a hardened veteran of video golf (i.e. Tiger Woods, Golden Tee) and have had much more success with those than this one...

Am I missing something??

• SlimShady
    13 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2009 1:01 PM

Stop your crying.  Don't you also realize that pros only hit it 245 off the tee and can't use their wedges to put spin on approach shots?  You're living in a dream world... 

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2009 1:45 PM

It takes time to figure it out, but if you keep playing you will.

• gadzuks
    44 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 7:02 PM

yeah...but how much time ?...the human animal only lives for so long.

• chanson442
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 8:31 PM

It's fine to have the wind. But if one hole is into the wind usually the next is with it. I've now played the 7th hole in a row into a wind. Apparently nobody has looked at the layout of Bethpage to see that not every hole layout the same direction. Or maybe this was the fisrt longest course in the world at 45mile one way.

RSS