Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Serious question...Is WGT about to shut down?

Mon, Mar 30 2015 1:01 PM (149 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2015 8:56 PM

garyk49:

mantis0014:

I think the only thing that kill Wgt is posts like this. The negative feelings by most here is staggering.

Ok, I must admit the game is not the same as a couple of years ago when I was winning credits in Wgt comps.  I have have no chance now to finish in top 5 anymore let alone winning a R/Go.  I've moved on and don't play em, but enjoy the company of great friends playing hard fought friendly multi player games and CC comps.

There is a problem with game Invites at the moment...  even that it only happens on certain days, probably when every mother and their dog has logged on....lol

I had a big meter problem with meter issues...  So I bought a new puter that replaced my 10 yr old one and I have no probs anymore....well  98% perfect.  

This game is still pretty damn good and the only thing that will kill it is  ..... us, the people!

Just saying

Roger

They are slowly doing to them self.

I tried real hard yesterday in 1 of my CC Comps to get twitch running.  As I wanted to record what I was seeing for WGT's benefit.   Unfortunately, I did not succeed.  Second hole best of famous, left of pin high 10 feet away.  The numbers I am going to use are for example only, as I didn't actually time anything.  Only being given to show what I was seeing.

Front view of putt in both putt and chip mode showed right to left break, with a dot speed of 3 seconds travel in grid, pretty slow.  Reverse view showed opposite break entirely, it also showed a right to left as viewed.  Putt mode dots were moving with a speed of 1 second travel in grid, pretty damn fast.  Chip view also showed right to left as viewed and with a 2 second speed, not nearly as fast as putt view, but faster then front view.

So the guessing game continues.

Careful with Twitch now...  I just got an email saying they were hacked.

I understand all the probs you and everybody have been saying with the game.  Personally I don't think Wgt knows how to fix certain things because not everybody has the same problem.

There is a problem with dot movements, I've noticed that myself. I think there is a problem with green speeds at the moment...  I'm sure I've seen a green speed when entering a CC comp and when on the green there is another speed....  but that might be my imagination...lol

We all should remember..  there is a new course coming in soon. Strange things with gameplay usually happens when new things are just about to be brought in.

-Roger

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2015 9:03 PM

Same email, password has already been changed.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2015 9:08 PM

andyson:
    Did I mention this is all speculation?

Might be speculation, but it sounds dead-on to me. 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2015 9:45 PM

mantis0014:
    Careful with Twitch now...  I just got an email saying they were hacked.

WGT advocates something =  Steer well fookin clear !

Gotta learn while ya live :))

Whispers b4 Icon went live this Year ( ONCE )...didn't touch it with a barge pole.

Andy ( avid viewer last Year )

• Donko58
    183 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2015 11:50 PM

All this talk may be for nothing. I have been playing alt shot with my friends all night and yesterday too and have had no problems at all with the invites. Perhaps they have fixed it!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2015 12:12 AM

Small voice of reason...

Players don't decide or dictate the future of WGT...surmising is akin to an azzhole...we all have them, some stink more than others.

Point being is YOU have a choice, play, don't play, play less, play more...really amazes me that a player here, would be so concerned about the welfare of the game to create a post like this,,,the let the fire feed..

try that in the "eal world".

Walk into your big company meeting and state it as such...ya...probably not going to happen.

Bottom line...either play the game, or not...(what Star Trek Episode that Cahn said..."...but do it be cause it is what you wish to do"

Anyway, bitching and moaning about things like this only makes a 20 page thread that is irrelevant  to the game at hand.

Play or leave...green pill or blue pill?

Turn left or right?

Make a decision and do it.

Back into hibernation now, thanks to all who have offered inn this thread, revives my knowledge as to why I rarely post here anymore.

Cheers!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2015 12:49 AM

MBaggese:
    Play or leave...green pill or blue pill?

I liked the Red pills way back then....lol

Your post was well said :)

-Roger

• RODY123
    376 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2015 4:59 AM

Hi Guys and Gals, got to agree with Gary49 and say that this is a very good game for the number of people that are playing it, OK it as its faults as possibly like many businesses BUT, I feel that if WGT soes close its doors, then there will be a very lot of dissapointed people, including myself

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2015 5:04 AM

Invites (which seems to be fixed), last hole concede,  the mis-aligned ding (fixed now) and the ubiquitous disconnects are the only glitches I've seen in the last few months. 

Two have been fixed, one will be fixed and the other has been ongoing since Adam was a boy. The actual gameplay is perfectly fine for me.

I  play every day and still enjoy it immensely. I'm looking forward to Chambers Bay and many more years playing this engrossing and addictive wonderful game.

I like Saturdays...

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2015 10:35 AM

I've noticed the grid dots on some courses seem to be right, not so on others and that is the only thing that affects me....

I posted months ago that something was different because I set my local storage from wgtmedia setting to unlimited, every day after playing I would run Ccleaner and it would show from 100MB to 240MB of files to delete from WGT depending on whether I cleared my browser cache while playing...and my game setting options would have to be reset every time.

All of a sudden ccleaner would show less than 2MB to delete from my pc after playing but the processor seemed to be working harder when I played...the games option settings were the same too and never had to be reset....

I don't know what that means other than far less WGT files are being stored on my PC, so where are they stored now?

RSS