Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT taking purchased balls out of play

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 27 2015 2:00 PM (6 replies)
  • raminjam1
    2 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2015 12:13 PM

i am a low level player, I love the game and do my best to try and upgrade my equipment. "BUT" I work hard for my money and am not affraid to admit i probably live below poverty in todays economic ladder. WGT taking my purchased balls out of play or basically "STEALING THEM BACK" is so wrong. IF THE BALLS I PURCHASS DONT GO O.B. OR IN THE WATER  WHAT GIVES YOU A RIGHT TO TAKE THEM BACK!!!!!  I try to understand that its based on PGA rules but in the end its still a video game. I dont have a problem spending money getting more and better equipment but i dont have an endless amount of cash to keep handing WGT when its just going to be taken away from me in 10-20 strokes. In my opinion thats criminal.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2015 5:32 PM
    They do wear out ....... and mulligan shots cost three hits of wear so use them sparingly (or better stll, not at all) on paid for balls.
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2015 5:56 PM

When someone tells you that something is "free", is your first response "right" said with a disbelieving tone of voice? WGT can be completely free if you want it to be and if you have a lot of time to "invest". But someone must pay for all of the time and effort that the owners have put into creating and running this site.  Use the free balls if you want a never ending supply and not having to worry about buying more. And then check out my real golf balls that I continue to use, even though some have large cuts. They are well worn but on WGT courses I will never use a cut ball because they insist that I throw them out.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2015 11:28 PM

raminjam1:
    WGT taking my purchased balls out of play or basically "STEALING THEM BACK" is so wrong. IF THE BALLS I PURCHASS DONT GO O.B. OR IN THE WATER  WHAT GIVES YOU A RIGHT TO TAKE THEM BACK!!!!!  [...] i dont have an endless amount of cash to keep handing WGT when its just going to be taken away from me in 10-20 strokes. In my opinion thats criminal.

I'm afraid that the legal grounds of your thinking aren't correct: We don't buy balls but we buy software licences for limited use of "ball software". The limits are a certain shot number (visible by the small "meter" down right), and license termination points like OOB or water.

This IS an endless amount of cash flowing to WGT, but, luckily, we may decide how much this "entry fee" is, by the price of a sleeve and by the number of games.

---

Looking at your equipment, you might be better off to drop the Starter hybrid and get a short wedge instead, e.g. lvl39 AVT(?). A good budget ball might be the Tour-SD.

• lvion
    25 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2015 11:53 PM

Americans have the greatest access to "hard earned" free credits. The balls I use cost 700 credits per sleeve.  I have several of them always on hand that I buy with free credits. Go check out my profile. I do not spend any money on this game.

• raminjam1
    2 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2015 10:16 PM

thank you for your response ivion, i would be  very apprecitive if you could give me maybe your routine of watching videos or whatever things you do to earn enough credits to purchass new sleeves. if its your personal secret, tho i dont really mean secret . if your willing to take me thru the steps, routine you use i would be greatfull. if not i totally understand. thank you once again.

• lvion
    25 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2015 2:00 PM

Best thing to do is to click on the "Earn free Credits" tab and go from there. That's what I did. Other than that, look at my profile and contact me.

RSS