Help › Forums

"Ready Go list"

Sat, Mar 7 2015 4:47 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 3:57 PM

Hi

Sorry, can't help it, but I find the new Ready Go list boring!!

Agassi1991

• akash1592
    322 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 8:28 PM

I have always been a fan of tough conditions.. high wind, champ greens, thats where you can seperate good players from lucky players.  Dunno why people complain about winds.. If you want easy conditions, setup tourney in your CC, and score as low as possible..

For instance, 2 of the Legend 18 hole RG;s, Cabo and BPB are in Low wind, tourney greens..  you'll see mid 50's in top 5 easily, maybe top10..  whats the point of that ??

Similarly 1000cr tourney is easy conditions,,, you score a 58, only to find yourself tied for 15th..lol,,

Tougher conditions at least let you screw up a couple holes, and still you can finish in top 10

Just my 2 cent

~kash

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 2:33 AM

Agassi1991:

It's the perfect antidote to the greens being screwed up. Not much worth playing in, and slow turnover. Means we can all have a nice rest until stuff is fixed!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 4:39 AM

fmagnets:
    It's the perfect antidote to the greens being screwed up. Not much worth playing in, and slow turnover. Means we can all have a nice rest until stuff is fixed!

Pretty much agree.

I do of course personally endorse getting a good selection of 50, 100 credit and 200 credit stuff.

Look though use some common sense when putting it together.  50 credit entry on an all 18 hole par 5 - come on.

Also V slow greens on a Kiawah RG.  IMO the mickey mouse green speeds are best suited to something like the CC Event, not skill events.  Guess not doing any harm, but my feeling is keep it to more mainstream sensible speeds away from 20+ or putting through mud. 

You have the list prepared last month, and had the existing done well for the other half.  The two together (not those new extreme stimps in skill based stuff IMO) would be great.

Certainly will please many overall though IMO, but do see where the people in this thread are coming from. 

No real matter at the moment until the dots fix is finalised I agree.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 6:19 AM

Except of course that the v slow greens are mislabelled just like most of the other greens and are just normal slow 7s.

• graemelee99
    2,567 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 1:52 PM

WTF have they done to this game. I can't remember it playing so poorly since i started.... they cant even name tournaments correctly.... RG's , weekly comps, they cant even get the right number of holes!

..and as for wanting to play any of them (which i used to love doing),  you're joking! And there is a long list to choose from!

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 3:32 PM

Totally agree, this batch of Ready Go tournys is a joke. Nothing exciting to see here chaps, run along now lol.

• FarFoo
    2,915 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 6:53 PM

Agassi1991:

Hi

Agassi1991

+1 yep.

• simovoice
    4,963 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2015 9:31 AM

Agassi1991:

Hi

Agassi1991

Yep I agree too !

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2015 3:57 PM

I see some 18 holes, 50 credits rg's, i don't undertand

I know some prefer low entry fee, i'm ok with that too, but not 18 holes, 50 credits entry fee

For 9 holes, 50, 100 for the low rg's and for 18 holes, 200  credits seems better

Yes, my english in full action, still worse than my game

• PAGES
RSS