Forums

Help › Forums

Re: No putting Practice sucks

Tue, Mar 3 2015 1:00 PM (4 replies)
  • BIRDSDROPPING
    6 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 3:51 PM

my 3rd day on here. I got the hang of driving and approaches even with my Starter Clubs.  But the putting is way too difficult and no way to practice.   I'm shooting in the 80 with 40 putts. I think I'll go find another golf game.  The grafics and courses are awesome but the putting will take way too much time to get proficient.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 11:03 AM
    You can practice on any green and even use mulligans in practice mode. There's no real need for a practice green.
  • alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 11:16 AM

BIRDSDROPPING:
    The grafics and courses are awesome but the putting will take way too much time to get proficient.

+1 concerning the views!

40 putts means that you are just a tad off 2 putts per hole - not too bad after three days!

Read the putting tips =>

Observe the variant green speeds (top right), and first get the length right, then the slope.

On "easier" greens like St.Andrews, Bethpage or Kiawah you will soon get it right.

Hint: In CCs of level 2 or above, the "Putter Pal" is included, and loads of help available from friendly members.

Warning: This game is NOT easy, and it has addictive potential.

Have fun!!

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 12:39 PM

BIRDSDROPPING:
    but the putting will take way too much time to get proficient.

Try the Best of Putting CTTH. All those putts are makable (accept #2 is a damn hard one). Learn how to read those breaks and you'll find it helps reading regular putts. You can restart as many times you like.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 1:00 PM

ZioMio:
    Try the Best of Putting CTTH.

That's learning it the hard way!

RSS