Forums

Help › Forums

Re: UEL Tour: Spring 2015 edition

Wed, Jun 17 2015 2:54 AM (88 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2015 3:01 PM

Classic tale of two 9s for me in this week's Legend tier tourney @ St. A's. From sublime to awful... Couldn't miss on the front (except for this one on #2), couldn't buy a birdie on the back... (somehow missing a dead straight 6 footer on #15 that I swear showed some R-L in it, and then forgetting to adjust for the wind on the Road Hole approach, not something you can get away with, lol!)

Perhaps I should have left the round to the last minute after all...

Good luck to everyone still to play!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 7:12 AM

I've been away for a few days, so sorry about the delay...

Here are the latest Spring 2015 UEL Tour Standings:

Standings after wk13 tourney at St. Andrews:

In TL tier, Saurabh08 shot a very impressive 55 to edge out Mags and a slew of Wooden Tee'rs close behind, and no less than 15 sub-60 scores. Saurabh moves to the top of the credits and relative to par standings with that win.

In Legend tier, darek2 pipped BBindley on the tiebreak, both shooting 60s.

Please note the Ryder Cup qualification thread is up and running in the community events forum. For those of you that are interested in playing in the next UEL Ryder Cup event, to be held at Chambers Bay in September, we'll be tracking who's vying for places on the US and ROW teams. Here are the Team Qualification Sheets: Team USA  | Team ROW. If you don't see your name there, please post here or in the other thread so I know you want to try and make the team. Also, please note that there will be some players shown as trying for places, who may not be available when September comes around, and we'll need alternates anyway, so keep pressing for your place! Places are based on best 9 scores from this Tour, so with 3 weeks gone out of 12 events, this is the time to start, even if you haven't participated yet.

------------------

To see all the details view the spreadsheet, but for those who can't access the new Google Sheets, here are some snapshots of some of the Standings sheets here in the thread (note that they're only the top 35+ places, just what fits on my screen).

Click here to see the full google doc spreadsheet; once in the sheet, navigate via tabs at the bottom.

Right-click, open in new Tab, to see these images full-size

wk13 Tourney: St Andrews scores:

TL credit standings:

TL 'Relative to Par' Standings:

L credit standings:

L 'Relative to Par' Standings:

TL & L best 9 scores Combined Credit Standings:

TL & L Combined best 9 scores 'Relative to Par' Standings:

Hope to get to a post with update of the Ryder Cup standings shortly....

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2015 11:11 AM

Here are the latest Spring 2015 UEL Tour Standings:

Standings after wk14 tourney at Merion:

In TL tier, Saurabh08 once again edged out fmagnets, this time on a tiebreak, matching his 58. KyRock75 came in with a 60, and Legaci, Priestess and Seganti with 61s. Saurabh is clearly intending to give Mags a true battle in this Tour! (Mags has won every TL UEL Tour to date).

In Legend tier, 61 was the best score with Edomae getting the win on a tiebreak over Corwyn, with mmyers0 one shot behind.

Please note the Ryder Cup qualification thread is up and running in the community events forum. For those of you that are interested in playing in the next UEL Ryder Cup event, to be held at Chambers Bay in September, we'll be tracking who's vying for places on the US and ROW teams. Here are the Team Qualification Sheets: Team USA  | Team ROW. If you don't see your name there, please post here or in the other thread so I know you want to try and make the team. Also, please note that there will be some players shown as trying for places, who may not be available when September comes around, and we'll need alternates anyway, so keep pressing for your place! Places are based on best 9 scores from this Tour.

------------------

To see all the details view the spreadsheet, but for those who can't access the new Google Sheets, here are some snapshots of some of the Standings sheets here in the thread (note that they're only the top 35+ places, just what fits on my screen).

Click here to see the full google doc spreadsheet; once in the sheet, navigate via tabs at the bottom.

wk14 Tourney: Merion scores:

TL credit standings:

L credit standings:

Ryder Cup standings update post to follow soon in that thread...

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 5:34 PM

great fun so far and we are only at week 5

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2015 12:12 PM

I stumbled to a 36 on the front nine, featuring lipouts on 1 and 9 plus more fun with WGT drop areas after finding water on 6. I was dropped into sand, so I pitched backwards toward the tee box... and came up short. Got back to the box with my fourth and couldn't hit a good enough shot to save triple.

Back nine was a little better except when I hit 3 wood into the rough and failed to birdie the last par 5. 32 on the back for a 68 total, giving akash1592 a great chance to catch me in the US standings.

• akash1592
    322 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 6:24 PM

After couple of dry weeks, mainly coz the putter was cold, finally posted a satisfactory and sweet 60 this week at Oakmount,,  go try to beat it guys..!!  Its bumpy..:Ooo

Good luck to all those, who still have to post their round

Cheers

~kash

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 7:15 PM

Nice shooting Kash! That will take some beating.

-----------------------------------------

Following last week's tourney @ Best of Famous, here are the latest Spring 2015 UEL Tour Standings:

In TL tier, fmagnets recorded another win (his 2nd of the Tour), his 55 edging out FairwayRuepel68 and KonradOse, with also-impressive 57s from JoeMaverick, Shankette and Priestess. Mags' win takes him back on top just ahead of Saurabh08 in the various TL standings.

In Legend tier, a 60 from MartyFlanagan gave him his first-ever Legend tier UEL weekly win! Congratulations Marty! OleFernando was unlucky to lose out on the tiebreak.

Please note the Ryder Cup qualification thread is up and running in the community events forum. For those of you that are interested in playing in the next UEL Ryder Cup event, to be held at Chambers Bay in September, we'll be tracking who's vying for places on the US and ROW teams. Here are the Team Qualification Sheets: Team USA  | Team ROW. If you don't see your name there, please post here or in the other thread so I know you want to try and make the team. Also, please note that there will be some players shown as trying for places, who may not be available when September comes around, and we'll need alternates anyway, so keep pressing for your place! Places are based on best 9 scores from this Tour.

------------------

wk15 Tourney: Best of Famous scores:

TL credit standings:

L credit standings:

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 8:32 PM

Fantastic score, Kash. I certainly didn't give you a run for your money this week. Only 7 birdies, plus a silly three-putt on #7 and an adventure on #9 from rough to bunker to above the hole to a three-putt double bogey. I had way too many 10-20 footers for birdie and couldn't make much of anything except for a 29-footer on #8. A horseshoe on #2 and another lipout on #12 didn't help at all.

Did finally figure out the slopes enough to hit this beauty on #15 with a left-to-right slope and left-to-right wind, but then I missed a 12-footer on #16 and an 8-footer on #17. Then I missed the fairway on #18 and ran my approach long, leaving a tricky pitch that bounced nearly straight sideways. But I did sneak in the par putt from 6 feet.

Edit: Looked again and found that I actually made the 8-footer on 17. This round got me down so far I thought I'd simply missed every putt.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2015 8:20 PM

FYI: for some reason (perhaps everyone at HQ is busy mowing the greens at Chambers Bay?) credit allocation hasn't happened yet for last week's wk16 tourney @ Oakmont.

Every other week in the Tour it's been great to see the prior week's tourney wrapped up by Tuesday, so I've been able to do scores and credits early in the week, and in one go. 

I waited a few days extra this week, but decided today to at least update the spreadsheet with the scores, so players can see part of the effect last week had. Hopefully we'll get the full picture soon.

For now, I will congratulate Kash (whose round is described above) for the Legend tier win, and Konrad for his first win this tour in TL tier!

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2015 9:08 PM

Credits were dished out 4 hours ago...but just to make your job difficult they aren't showing up in the prize list!!

RSS