Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT has become an inconsistent, joke to the game

Thu, Jul 30 2020 2:12 PM (106 replies)
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, May 10 2019 4:51 AM

Pale Moon is a drinkable pale ale that has a distinctive hop aroma without the lingering aftertaste. This Belgian-Style Pale Ale is brewed with European malts, Cascade hops, and a touch of hibiscus and orange peel. These ingredients create a rich copper colored ale with a flavor complexity that one would expect from the Blue Moon Brewing Company

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, May 10 2019 10:37 AM

A few glasses of that should make your meter wobble nicely.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2019 4:11 PM

Wutpa:

Just hit the middle line of the three you see.  :-D

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2019 6:22 PM

YankeeJim:

Wutpa:

Just hit the middle line of the three you see.  :-D

Same if it is six lines?  Wait - there is no middle line of six???

:-0

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, May 14 2019 6:41 AM

DoctorLarry:
    Same if it is six lines?  Wait - there is no middle line of six???

This requires extreme ocular dexterity as you have to train each eye to focus on only the three lines on the side the eye is from. Still working on what to do if you can get that far. (hic) :-D

• Skippyjammer
    18 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2019 10:23 AM

Yesterday I was playing Wolf Creek's front 9. When I came to the #8 par three 248y hole, there was a tail wind of about 9-11mph. I backed off of my 220y hybrid club a tad and then proceeded to hit it perfectly. It sailed the green and went directly into the creek. When I re-teed, I used my 195y 3 iron and proceeded to strike that one perfectly as well. It came up 30 yards short. From my estimation there should only have been a 15y difference between the two shots. However, it ended up being closer to 70 yards difference, if not more. Still scratching my head on that one. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2019 11:43 AM

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2019 12:33 PM

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Jul 10 2019 7:34 PM

Robert1893:
    I'm not familiar with the characteristics of each club. Do they both have the same trajectory characteristics or are the irons a medium and the hybrid a high trajectory? With the wind that could make a fairly significant difference. 

He posted this same response about WC #8 in another thread where I posted a similar occurence with adjusting distance playing the hole.  It can just be a very finicky hole.  IIRC, I had hit a shot that seemed appropriate for the wind that hit the back of the green that rolled off into the creek.  Teed up a new ball, hit it about 10-15 yards shorter, yet it came up short of the green.  Don't remember the clubs but I think they were both irons.

It is definitely related to the huge elevation drop and "gusty" winds!!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jul 10 2019 7:58 PM

It does have a big elevation change. I add 4 yards to my figures on that.

RSS