Help › Forums

Re: WGT has become an inconsistent, joke to the game

Thu, Jul 30 2020 2:12 PM (106 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 2:55 PM

YankeeJim:

Yiannis1970:
    On the 3 hole had a 15-17 5 o'clock wind. Was about 189yds from the hole. I know this whole plays a little longer so i opted for a 3 iron at about 222 with full bs. Was a hair early. Game landed at 177.

That was totally appropriate. Full back spin is going to exaggerate errors and you made one by choking the shot AND missing the ding. Combined with that full back spin you caught a maximum deviation. "About" and "hair early" indicate you did both. 

A 4 iron into that wind with full back spin and a full swing is going to come up short as that wind will knock it down. Choking the 3 iron does the same thing. Missing the ding opens the door to any result within the circles of deviation and accuracy.

All of these would be nice if i hadn't had this shot tens of times in the past. Nor once went there...

Furthermore, i play ~70% of my strokes with full back spin, so happens to know about the yardage. I posted it as an exception and not as the norm. Ball will never land there again.

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 5:44 PM

DavStan:

Wgt calls it VEM, but what they really mean is "ATM!"

Bump!

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Mon, Jul 24 2017 9:45 AM

dchallenger:
    whiney complaints

ironic af

• coopermicll
    63 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2018 1:51 PM

Texas you forgot to mention the only players that aren't struggling are the players that use wind sticks, shotmasters, auto-dingers, etc.  without cheats..I mean aides it's impossible to play what used to be a consistent game less a little human deviation! We play 4 tourneys weekly and everyone including champions , tour legends are struggling to play without underacheiveing. Please recalibrate this game! When you ding a shot it says"execellent " blows laterally 35-40 yds!? It would take a hurricane to blow a ball that much!? I really enjoyed this game 6months ago..now it seems like a "Titlest" cash cow! If you reply , please let someone that really understands the game reply.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2018 2:07 PM

Old thread but no. 

Those that have always been good are still good.  Just look at the VT & US Amateur qualifier leader boards.   All the usual suspects & they don't all cheat.

Some are good, some are really good, few are excellent.  Most don't fall into any of those 3 categories.  

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2018 3:46 PM

coopermicll:

Texas you forgot to mention the only players that aren't struggling are the players that use wind sticks, shotmasters, auto-dingers, etc.  without cheats..I mean aides it's impossible to play what used to be a consistent game

NOOOO, not true...having been around as long as you have, you should know that with all the "new" clubs available today, along with all these new balls, slow meters and everything else included, this game is much "MUCH" easier to play than it used to be....your still a legend for a "reason" my friend!

We play 4 tourneys weekly and everyone including champions , tour legends are struggling to play

You have 1 Champion! Mostly legends, and the Legend tier is doing what it is supposed to do, kick your a$$ and make you a player, a whiner, or a quitter!

When you ding a shot it says"excellent " blows laterally 35-40 yds!? It would take a hurricane to blow a ball that much

If you reply , please let someone that really understands the game reply.

Honestly, what you just posted right there tells the story, you still don't get how the game plays after 5000 rounds/matches!

By the way, not singling you out, there has been a ton of these posts lately...

• dancingdennis
    1,341 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 10:04 AM

I still love this game, wish I could play more, like I used to, but summer just eats up to much of my time. Getting out 4 times a week this year, with swimming & pool parties eating up a lot of time.

but there are so many different ways to play this game I rarely find it boring. Lots of courses to play & the custom course option has been a real treat even though we play the same holes, the opportunity to package them up differently and keep altering them is awesome.

hopefully they will get back to making a new course to play as well, which is pretty much the only glaring negative recently ( for me, not speaking for all)

homestly cannot see much change in the app except possibly the meter jumping occasionally but even that happens so rarely.

• coopermicll
    63 Posts
    Thu, May 9 2019 5:29 AM

Try Palemoon browser and install Adobe Flash 27 from Adobe archives...absolutely never get jerks in my meter....the best!

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, May 9 2019 12:04 PM

dancingdennis:
    Getting out 4 times a week this year, with swimming & pool parties eating up a lot of time.

I know - old thread - but what a terrible excuse!!!

LOL.

I guess those are not problems in winter!

• BogeyOne
    1,961 Posts
    Thu, May 9 2019 4:15 PM

coopermicll:

Try Palemoon browser

I use Pale Moon and it is smoother than silk.  Never any jerks or hiccups with the swing meter on this game.  Also, I don't have Windoze on my PC.  I use linux mint.

RSS