Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hybrid or three wood?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 27 2010 11:51 PM (2 replies)
  • 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Sat, Nov 27 2010 10:02 PM

I pretty much need three wedges for the variety of chipping, pitching, flopping, etc distances and one club other than the driver I'm happy with is the tour burner 3 wood with two and a half dots of precision. This is from the legend tees and it seems to be a more useful approach club than the 235 yard G10 three wood. However the degree of loft isn't posted for the burner or the G10, just the med high flight is my clue. How am I supposed to determine if the tour launch 222 yard hybrid which does mention 20 degrees of loft in the specifications and another half of a dot of precision would be an even better club yet for me with a med flight? Why aren't all the degrees of loft marked?

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sat, Nov 27 2010 11:02 PM

Hi Mike;

I now carry a hybrid since most of the par 5's from the legend tees are not reachable in two.  I find its versatility if you hit the ball into the rough sometimes can be a god save.  Alot of times you can reach the green with the hybrid.  However, alot of players still carry the 3wood.  Thus, it becomes a preference aspect to your game and what you are comfortable with.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Nov 27 2010 11:51 PM

I use the G10 fairway wood 14. As I often need the 235 yard distance to reach the greens.

RSS