Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Beginner or starter putter?

Sat, Nov 27 2010 1:04 PM (5 replies)
  • subparsuperstar
    1 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2010 6:43 PM

Which would you use? I have currently regressed to the beginner due to slower meter speed, but have noticed that even if you do get excellent it may not go where you want it to go - with the starter I just had more consistency? Advice? thanks

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2010 3:08 AM

Hi Sub, i made ot to master a while back, but i still use my beginner putter. I find its the best for me. Now dont get me wrong, you could be better with any different putter. It just depends on what your comfortable with. It could take a solid week of playing with 1 putter just to get used to it.

• borntobesting
    9,634 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2010 3:18 AM

Neither the beginner nor the starter are very good. But it is what you feel most comfortable with. I was lousy with both so as soon as I could I upgraded to the Spider which is not the greatest but better than the beginner or starter. The Anser is better still. I now play the master Redwood and it is a great putter. When and if I reach level 84 I may make the change to the Ghost. I'm not sure yet. But like I said earlier what you feel most comfortable with is what you should do.But if you haven't yet you should read nivlac's putting tips over there.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sat, Nov 27 2010 1:33 AM

subparsuperstar:
    Which would you use?

Its hard to give anyone advice on the short stick, because putting, just like in real golf, is so much about feel.  On paper, the Starter seems a better choice of the Free putters.  I understand why some continue to use both as they have a slower meter.  Its definitely cheaper than buying balls to slow the meter down.  As for me, I use the Redwood Master putter (that is no longer available) and it works well for me.  In case you are wondering, you'll need to get to around Level 44 to get something similar.

Joey

EDIT: See my next post below.

• borntobesting
    9,634 Posts
    Sat, Nov 27 2010 2:32 AM

Joeyola:
    n case you are wondering, you'll need to get to around Level 44 to get something similar.

Joey the equivalent of the Master Redwood we have is unlocked at level 72.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sat, Nov 27 2010 1:04 PM

EDIT:

Thanks borntobesting...my mistake.  I checked and discovered I have the Redwood ZB (similar to the L44+ putter) not the Redwood ZB Master putter. Still, the ZB (L44+) might be a good choice, especially for newer players working there way up and Level 70/80 putters are too far away.  Something to consider when upgrading from Starter or Beginner putters...and a bargain at 600 credits.

Joey

EDIT: Not sure my ZB is exactly the same as the one that is in the Pro Shop now, but the characteristics appear to be the same.  Ok, I guess I have everyone confused enough so I will stop now.

RSS