Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Can't Get Any Backspin on Iron Shots

Sat, Feb 14 2015 2:08 PM (25 replies)
  • garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Fri, Feb 13 2015 1:02 PM

alanti:

But when players start saying it is 50 -60 yards long or 20 -30 yards short I will place my bottom dollar on it being player error or a bug. This has nothing to do with the circle or precision. !0 yards or so, yes I will believe. This is where tin foil hats are needed.

Bug maybe, and with the R11's.   195 club that sometimes only hits to around 150/160/170.

210 club,  flying out to around 240-250.

Lets say this used to happen maybe once every 30-40 shots.  Now it's more like one out of 10.  Maybe its something on my end, but strange it only seemed to start changing just a short time ago, and nothing changed on my end.

Like I said earlier, maybe it's my club ball combo.

Anyway, back to the game

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 13 2015 1:15 PM

alanti:
    Whether or not a flash based game has the ability to record and then manipulate data such as a ding is another thing - one which I am not qualified to say

I'm not qualified either but I think this the case. I don't think the game base makes a difference when a computer is simply updating information which is basically numbers. Any changes the game makes are number based and this game is all about input, decision making and output by a super adding machine. With numbers as the medium it sounds like a logical assumption.

alanti:
    But when players start saying it is 50 -60 yards long or 20 -30 yards short I will place my bottom dollar on it being player error or a bug

+1 on that.. :-)

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Fri, Feb 13 2015 2:23 PM

I am waiting for fmagnets to reply to this because if you watch him play live he uses backspin a heck of a lot.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, Feb 13 2015 4:40 PM

garyk49:
     ISH, let me say I am sorry, as it was never my intentions to say you were not seeing what was happening to you.

Whoa.. That wasn't directed at you Gary, or anyone in particular (well, maybe YJ a little :)

And no need for apologies.. We're just having fun here.

Have a good weekend.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Feb 13 2015 10:42 PM

garyk49:

Nope - I dusted off my R11's and had the Slow Meter Cally, so played 3 rounds with them and a practice round (18 holes at St A's).

I did not have one serious variation from what I expected and how far the ball went. With the slower meter ball my ding percentage was pretty reasonable - including 9 in a row. But so no evidence anything strange.

Just a caveat on distance,(and something I know you will know) some holes play longer/shorter and depending on the wind, elevation and bounce there can be a large difference between what the club is rated and how far it goes. Prime example is the Par 5 on the back 9 at St A - i regularly have 250 to the pin and play as little as 195 rated club.

If you are getting crazy results I would clear your caches and cookies - sounds like a corrupt cookie there. Give your PC a good clean up, as I can assure you, something is wrong and most likely at your end.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2015 2:08 PM

alanti:

garyk49:

Nope - I dusted off my R11's and had the Slow Meter Cally, so played 3 rounds with them and a practice round (18 holes at St A's).

If you are getting crazy results I would clear your caches and cookies - sounds like a corrupt cookie there. Give your PC a good clean up, as I can assure you, something is wrong and most likely at your end.

As an update.  Have not cleared anything.  Changed to the level 34 Cally, noticing hardly any distance problems.  Can't hit the ding as often, not as slow as ball I am used to, so haven't been able to check that aspect.

Having to get used to new distance and spin from the clubs.  Have played 6 or 7 rounds different courses.

Ball I was using was the Nike RZN level 81.  Possible corruption somewhere with that ball, or it's the ball itself that has changed.  As it is a distance ball.

RSS