Help › Forums

Re: You need confidence.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 1 2015 9:25 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 10:14 AM

Confidence is usually what allows us to shoot a good score.

1. Golf is about getting the ball into the cup with the fewest strokes. That makes playing well with wedges and the putter very important.

2. Nearly all WGT players would benefit from not looking at their score as the play.

3. We have to accept that some of our shots won't go as planned. Anger will often short circuit your next shot, or next few shots.

4. A conservative game plan coupled with a cocky attitude produces low scores. An aggressive game plan coupled with low confidence is a recipe for a high score.

5. Where you are going is way more important than where you have been.

6. The confidence it takes to win can be learned.

7. The obstacle that is the hardest to overcome is our self doubt.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 6:40 PM

So you're saying we shouldn't just quit and complain if we don't birdie every hole? ;)

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 7:07 PM

What I am saying is that a players attitude and mental process has a direct influence on the players score.

Staying positive and in the moment are key aspects successful players use.

Whining and blaming WGT is almost always a sure way to add strokes to your score.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 7:46 PM

I've always been confident in my ability to get it in the hole in the fewest strokes possible.

My golf game is pretty good too.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 7:28 AM

MichaelStroke:
    I've always been confident in my ability to get it in the hole in the fewest strokes possible.

No surprise you manage to pull that off.  ;)

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Jan 31 2015 3:24 PM

MichaelStroke:

For some games, score isn't based on getting it in the hole in the fewest strokes possible.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Feb 1 2015 5:30 AM

ApexPC:

MichaelStroke:

For some games, score isn't based on getting it in the hole in the fewest strokes possible.

Halftime's only 12 minutes long.  Efficiency is the key.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Feb 1 2015 6:00 AM

MichaelStroke:
    Halftime's only 12 minutes long.  Efficiency is the key.

Not today's Super Bowl halftime Michael!  It's 30 minutes.  So you'll need to find something else to do for the other 29 minutes. ;-)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Feb 1 2015 7:10 AM

andyson:
    Not today's Super Bowl halftime Michael!  It's 30 minutes.  So you'll need to find something else to do for the other 29 minutes. ;-)

• hatcojack
    410 Posts
    Sun, Feb 1 2015 8:24 AM

nonsense!

ApexPC:

Confidence is usually what allows us to shoot a good score.

1. Golf is about getting the ball into the cup with the fewest strokes. That makes playing well with wedges and the putter very important.

2. Nearly all WGT players would benefit from not looking at their score as the play.

3. We have to accept that some of our shots won't go as planned. Anger will often short circuit your next shot, or next few shots.

4. A conservative game plan coupled with a cocky attitude produces low scores. An aggressive game plan coupled with low confidence is a recipe for a high score.

5. Where you are going is way more important than where you have been.

6. The confidence it takes to win can be learned.

7. The obstacle that is the hardest to overcome is our self doubt.

• PAGES
RSS