Re: New green speeds

Wed, Apr 12 2017 2:32 PM (49 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 11:22 AM

• ebbwmikey
    433 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 12:45 PM

pretty much all i see with these new greens if you have a down hill to the hole your  F U C K E D yet another wgt revenue maker 

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 4:34 PM

ebbwmikey:

yet another wgt revenue maker 

putts don't count against ball hits ...

• renewell
    35 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 9:14 PM

i recently tried the new ultra fast speed in a practice round and there was no consistency.  on any putt, whether 50ft or 5 ft the speed should still be the same,  if you hit the longer one at 50% and stop it by the hole or make it then it should be the same with a shorter putt  ive hit shorter putts with the same force as longer ones and always come up short no matter what the green speed is.   i also tried to create a "free" CC tourney with the new speeds and when all the info was in wgt told me i did not have enough credits to add to the purse---therefore i couldnot even create a free tourney.  i havent tried to create a pay to play tourney but if i have to automatically add to the purse then i wont ever create another one.   wgt makes enough off of us already.  i dont mind a challenge as long it is a realistic one.  for example i just played the bandon tourney sponsored by wgt.  one of the last holes was 17ft downhill into a thirty-five mph wind  it was 120 yds and i hit 135  the ball went 135 and i had 45ft downhiller  i dont know how many of wgt players actually play real golf but i have never in my life been able to hit my 135 yd club 135 yds into a 35 mph wind    it is not possible

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Jan 31 2015 8:18 AM

renewell:

i recently tried the new ultra fast speed in a practice round and there was no consistency. 

Lol, you can not play the new speeds on practice mode ; )

Eric

• DAputts
    1,770 Posts
    Sat, Jan 31 2015 9:44 AM

So every once in awhile we play goofy golf at my club...could be tee with 3 wood from all....starter driver and putter...just stupid stuff....can't wait to create something with these speeds....Thanks WGT....should be fun....

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Wed, Feb 4 2015 11:02 PM

just tried STA with 2.33 as multiplier for ultra slow greens.  worked out ok.

• bgh1970
    124 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 12:38 PM

absolute Bollocks, these new green speeds, there isn't a single green on the planet where a missed uphill putt of 30ft will roll back to37ft if you don't make it!!

Bring on the ideas and changes WGT but not this crap lol

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 8:19 PM

There is some proof....

SAN FRANCISCO, June 1998— Payne Stewart escaped the United States Open today with a one-stroke lead, but nobody escaped the Olympic Club's wrath.

Stewart may have nightmares tonight about the putt he missed for birdie on No. 18, a putt that would have put him in the clubhouse with a three-stroke lead. It was a 10-foot sidehill putt that broke right to left, but the hole sat on a severe slope that was ready to kidnap any putt that strayed even inches from the target.

Stewart's putt barely missed the hole, turning about three inches short of it and almost coming to a complete stop. But then his ball caught the slope, and it rolled slowly, slowly down the hill. The gallery groaned with every agonizing revolution of the ball, while Stewart watched, seething.

Instead of a tap-in for par, Stewart faced a 20-foot uphill putt after the ball finally stopped rolling. He missed it, giving him bogeys on today's final two holes. It was another example of what makes the United States Open so demanding, why leads are so unsafe, why the tournament is still wide open, and why the weekend should be wild.

• Serafina1
    10 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2017 2:32 PM

I agree w/ .45 as par speed.  But uphill putts are different (slow) and I have no clue what to do

oe

RSS