Forums

Help › Forums

Re: wedge accuracy

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 19 2010 10:54 PM (6 replies)
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2010 1:05 PM

i have ping wedges, they perform very well under all circumstances but 1.  when i attempt to full swing at anything under 50% capacity the distance, and or left, right is very inconsistant.  anyone advise what to do in a constructive manner.  thanks my 2 cents.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2010 1:19 PM

The other shot options with those wedges are more accurate and let you take fuller swings. Flop, pitch, punch (best option IMO), and chip with it if you're that close that you need less than a 50% swing. GL

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2010 2:57 PM

YankeeJim:

The other shot options with those wedges are more accurate and let you take fuller swings. Flop, pitch, punch (best option IMO), and chip with it if you're that close that you need less than a 50% swing. GL

I am using the punch shot with my wedges more and more. I haven't tried the Tm satin wedges but the Ping W's are extremely accurate with the punch.I have holed out 2 or 3 for eagles.

• 8buster8
    649 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2010 4:37 PM

when and how do you use punch with wedges?  how about other clubs, I haven't really used it that much, I think some of the trees aren't really there sometimes (lol). 

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2010 9:26 PM

Experiment, push all the buttons and click all the links, there is more to this game than initially meets the eye.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2010 10:07 PM

You should never hit wedges at 50%. Even 75% is too low. If you need to hit wedge that far, you then should be able to flop, pitch, or chip, or punch....Then, the behavior will be more consistent

-wgticon

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2010 10:54 PM

WGTicon:

You should never hit wedges at 50%. Even 75% is too low. If you need to hit wedge that far, you then should be able to flop, pitch, or chip, or punch....Then, the behavior will be more consistent

-wgticon

my thanks to all who replied. i shall try other swings.....

RSS