Re: Grande Oaks Golf Club v. The Peoples Club

Tue, Feb 3 2015 12:20 PM (128 replies)
  • Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Sun, Jan 25 2015 3:38 PM

Can't ALWAYS do that though....

MichaelStroke:

PaulTon:

Sorry if this ruffles any feathers, but what's to discuss?

Yup, there are only two people who know the truth.  When in doubt, have to go with what's in print.

• 1963Bubba
    3,305 Posts
    Sun, Jan 25 2015 3:39 PM

Mark played very well and that road hole did not decide the match. It just finished it.

Congrats again, Mark. Glad to have met another great guy on WGT. See you soon. 

• EricJV
    1,320 Posts
    Sun, Jan 25 2015 4:33 PM

Here is my 2 cents on everything. (my opinion)

1) I don't agree with the public setting that this match has taken on. I'm fine with score reporting but the bickering between both clubs, basically over 1 match has kind of taken an ugly turn. 

2) I think the 'match in question' should have been discussed between Courteney and I, after it happened. Unfortunately due to my work, I do not have access to the site when I am at work and by then, it had already been made very public. 

3) In the past, when I've run them (which is most of them) myself and the contact for our opponent would iron out any issues. Whether that's players from their or our team not responding to friend requests, or match issues. We've always been able to get these issues ironed out. So for me, this match-up has been completely different for me. 

For the record, I'm not against publicly reporting scores and general "I beat so and so 2&1" but any issues that may come up, should be handled by Courteney, Max (Grande Oaks' owner), and I. We all are competitive and all want to win but I feel problems or issues made public, can sometimes take away from the sportsmanship of the match.

That is my 2 cents.

Eric

Grande Oaks Club vs. Club manager

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Sun, Jan 25 2015 5:13 PM

After speaking with EricJv and reading Changer's post ITT, I feel it's only right that I apologize to Changer and Courtney.  I clearly jumped the gun and should've left it to Courtney and Eric to sort out.  I'm a competitor that wears his heart on his sleeve.  Sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes it leaves me looking foolish.  This would be an example of the latter.  

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Sun, Jan 25 2015 5:15 PM

13-10 GOGC.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jan 25 2015 8:49 PM
    I accept your apology. Nobody from Grande Oaks even contacted me over this, it was just assumed that myself or my player lied. I hope Mr Punk never tries for a job in public relations.
  • IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Sun, Jan 25 2015 9:28 PM

courteneyfish:
    I accept your apology. Nobody from Grande Oaks even contacted me over this, it was just assumed that myself or my player lied. I hope Mr Punk never tries for a job in public relations.

I appreciate that but a bit harsh, no?  Mind you we still have conflicting accounts of the match but nice of you to rejoin the thread anyway.  I was beginning to get worried!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2015 12:24 AM

IRISHPUNK:
    I appreciate that but a bit harsh, no?

Courteney never forgives.... !

Bend over to apologise and...

Get a swift kick in the nether region for your trouble ;-))

Fun match turned into Grudge match swiftly...funny thread.

Andy

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2015 6:05 AM

alcaucin:

IRISHPUNK:
    I appreciate that but a bit harsh, no?

Courteney never forgives.... !

Bend over to apologise and...

Get a swift kick in the nether region for your trouble ;-))

Fun match turned into Grudge match swiftly...funny thread.

Andy

I'm happy that you're entertained!  lol.

There's nothing wrong with fierce competition.  I expected it and assumed that, win or lose, both sides would conduct themselves with total class.  

I'll add that this has been the swiftest CvC Grande Oaks has ever played.  Not one of our players have reported that their People's Club opp have been anything but 100% responsive to their messages.  I'd assume that's partly due to CF's talent as a manager.  

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2015 9:39 AM

IRISHPUNK:
    both sides would conduct themselves with total class.  

Well that ship has sailed / ing...

Heading 2wards a Berg !! :-))

Hopefully you both swerve it ?

Andy

RSS