Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting Advise

Sat, Jan 24 2015 1:37 PM (5 replies)
  • civman
    707 Posts
    Sat, Jan 3 2015 5:57 AM

Is it better to attempt to putt using spin on the meter?, or try to hit the meter square (straight) every time?  It is frustrating when attempting to hit the meter square and some left or right meter occurs, often causing misses on very basic putts.  Is there a meter available at some point that helps with the direction of the shot?

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Sat, Jan 3 2015 12:54 PM

There is no way to put spin on the ball while putting,,I assume you are referring to either dinging a putt or off ding left or right,I personally am a ding putter,once you get the hang of judging speed and break it will all become much easier for you,,practice,practice,practice...:)

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Jan 3 2015 10:09 PM
    You'll never get good at putting if you play mostly CTTH.
  • kmarline21
    442 Posts
    Sun, Jan 4 2015 6:16 AM

You might if you play the putting challenge.  ;-)

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Mon, Jan 19 2015 4:05 PM

Civ - if you check the SEARCH box for putting advice, you will get more info than you ever wanted to know! Bottom line is that each WGT putter seems to have it's own idiosyncrasies (SP?). Some like a "Ding" (hitting the larger white bar in the middle of the 'strike zone'). My L77 Nike, if "dinged" tends to drift a little to the left on putts over 5 feet (looking thru the avatar's back to the flag). 

Different players have different putting styles. You are going to have to determine which one suits you the best.

• AshleyHelton
    11 Posts
    Sat, Jan 24 2015 1:37 PM

You absolutely must either hit the meter square or miss it to the opposite side of the break. If you miss hit the meter on the breaking side your putt has no chance. 

RSS